Audi S6 C5 Turbo???

S6C5V8

Reaction score
Has anybody Turbo'd an S6 V8? Also why is the PES SUPERCHARGER £10k (fitted)? Just seems crazy when you only gain 135bhp. Surely a large sine turbo would achieve this?

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

No point in spending the money on a car this old to turbo it. Juts sell it and go and buy an RS6,

Reactions: Gazwould
No point in spending the money on a car this old to turbo it. Juts sell it and go and buy an RS6,
But a decent RS6 is still £10,000 plus. I've got a low mileage FSH S6 in mint condition sat there. I love the car I just want a bit more power.

If you have money for the fuel then bi turbo 2.7 v6 with eliminator turbo or even k04 turbos would be rather swift.

A6 c5 Quattro of course and not an allroad. Don't know why but can't warm to the allroads at all.

Wizards of Nos wet kit would make 150/ 200hp gains for about £800. Check them out I ran 100hp nozzles on my old vr6 which made it a weapon when running on the gas.

Re: turbo- why build (not as well) as what you can buy- c5 rs6. It makes no sense for people to cast turbo manifolds for a car that has an OE bi-turbo option

Wizards of Nos wet kit would make 150/ 200hp gains for about £800. Check them out I ran 100hp nozzles on my old vr6 which made it a weapon when running on the gas.

Re: turbo- why build (not as well) as what you can buy- c5 rs6. It makes no sense for people to cast turbo manifolds for a car that has an OE bi-turbo option
I never considered NOS that could be the cheapest and most effective way of boosting the bhp every now and then. In answer to your reply the reason I didn't buy an RS6 is because one as clean as my S6 would be £10,000-£12,000 and I've fallen in love with the S6. It's awesome in every way. I'm just getting the Cambelt done with a service next month and was just asking the question. Maybe a Turbo would be pointless on a S6. NOS could be the answer.

Wizards of Nos in Doncaster will do a kit to suit your needs- don't buy 'NOS' brand as they're far inferior to the kits WON produce..
Too many people think of it as some Hollywood 'fast and furious' type mod. When in reality it's nothing like that- using a progressive controller and big jets the delivery feels very much like a turbo as it doesn't just dump an extra 100+ hp on your drivetrain in one go, instead 'ramps' the nod fuelling According to revs and only triggers when you're full throttle. You can drive around with it armed and never even have it fire if you don't plant your foot. Personally I ran 100hp jets on their streetblaster kit via a minimax controller. That was on a 12v 2.8 VR6- a 4.2 v8 could do more than double that in fairness do 200hp jets easily, but I think they'd recommend going direct port injection for that kind of power. Make no mistake you'd see a night and day difference even with 100hp jets on the inlet before the TB.

Irony of the following video being myth busters

An electric charger makes more of a load on the alternator, thus more parasitic load on the engine = same or less power than before you fit one. Look at the reduction in free air space on the inlet pipe for one thing.

1024px-Deepsea.JPG

Reactions: Ben jah min
A bi turbo a6 with k04 or rs4 turbos with even an average tune to 360-380bhp would feel much quicker Than the s6 with 100 shot making it 434-444bhp. The bi turbo would probably be quicker on paper too which would be down to the dollops of torque they produce. It must be down to the intake plenum, exhaust manifold, tb. I know the rs4 is cosworth tuned and stronger but thought compression ratios were the same and not sure about the cam lobes.

Bi turbo out there for £600-£1500. Turbos done yourself for £500-1000 leaves £1500. Remap £200-400 leaves. £1100 so just enough for brakes and an exhaust and maybe some side mount intercoolers if you shop right. Then sell the slower less cooler s6 for a couple of grand or whatever it's worth to get some money back. Can't beat turbo.