Audi S3 to VW Golf R - Am I a joke to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got our money back on both US trips last year, we have booked Florida for mid October, fingers crossed.

We also have RIAT booked for July, but I’m less confident it will go ahead.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and pburv
Carribean wouldn't go back...but if someone offered me to go tomorrow l might think about it lol

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk
OIP.ydsQ9X3kQXX-0kChlWy27wAAAA

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Snake Pliskin
Reactions: BarryG79, Audi Bairn, Bristle Hound and 2 others
There was a glimmer of hope for this year - certainly around Aug/ Sept, but as @jassyo06 also says, we don't want to book another holiday just to have it dashed again. So hopefully a couple of good holidays abroad next year. Antigua definitely sounds nice right now :yes:
Resigned to the fact we ain't going anywhere this year mate.:sadlike:

Got our money back on both US trips last year, we have booked Florida for mid October, fingers crossed.

We also have RIAT booked for July, but I’m less confident it will go ahead.

Florida is where I wanted to go (around early to mid October) but wasn’t brave enough to book it ... think it will be Oct 22 now

Fingers crossed you do make it though.

Reactions: Chris4410, Jassyo06 and pburv
Are Audi 8Y's available as a rental whilst on holiday either abroad ie Scotland or UK?:whistle2:
Aye they are indeed ....but only in Chronos Grey/Daytona Grey so they'll blend in with the scenery.............

Last edited:
Reactions: Snake Pliskin, BarryG79, NevMan and 1 other person
Florida is where I wanted to go (around early to mid October) but wasn’t brave enough to book it ... think it will be Oct 22 now

Here is one for ya l booked straight after my September holiday for October ie Turkey but They closed it down early October after Boris came back late September...so l let "TUI" keep my couple of grand...and booked for May instead av paid it all now as has have 8 others of my family but l went on to the TUI website 2 weeks ago and the exact holiday on the exact day has decrease by £1200......£600 pp and after l had booked last October.....to when the Vaccine was announced it then went up by £600 ie £300 pp so since October to mid January the holiday has dropped by £1800 TUI can go and **** themselves....same applies to the price my family paid

But when l look at the price of my holiday for September this year its ****** funny money almost twice the price l paid...for May

Last edited:

It was only £100 deposit to lock in a good price, balance is not due until the end of July. Hopefully at that stage we should have a good idea how likely it is that we will be allowed to travel.

I figure when the borders/travel does open up again prices will rise pretty high, pretty quickly, so worth booking now.

North West Scotland is stunning, as are the Cairngorms. Some absolutely cracking driving roads as well.

Driving on twisty roads with hills either side me aint my idea of a holiday mate but so saying your implying this....lol

Driving on twisty roads with hills either side me aint my idea of a holiday mate but so saying your implying this....lol

We spent a week driving around the highlands a few years ago, absolutely loved it.

Reactions: AdamInKent, Bristle Hound and pburv
Need to stop depressing ourselves talking about Holidays...So am back on my "own Topic" due to ****** Brexit they're was a bit of a hiccup ordering my Matrix Oled rear tail lights for me Vidal Sassoon brief.. me and the seller on Ebay came to an agreement....so l got them for a very good price indeed and now l have had courier confirmation that they are on their way to me via UPS.....might plug em into my S3 for a laugh lol

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, NevMan and pburv
We spent a week driving around the highlands a few years ago, absolutely loved it.

Horses for courses mate...........we all prefer different things but it can be still a cold hole even in summer

Reactions: NevMan and pburv
Here is one for ya l booked straight after my September holiday for October ie Turkey but They closed it down early October after Boris came back late September...so l let "TUI" keep my couple of grand...and booked for May instead av paid it all now as has have 8 others of my family but l went on to the TUI website 2 weeks ago and the exact holiday on the exact day has decrease by £1200......£600 pp and after l had booked last October.....to when the Vaccine was announced it then went up by £600 ie £300 pp so since October to mid January the holiday has dropped by £1800 TUI can go and **** themselves....same applies to the price my family paid

But when l look at the price of my holiday for September this year its ****** funny money almost twice the price l paid...for May
Now I'm confused lol:scared2: Have you been ripped off or not?
Maybe it was all the ***************** that's confusing me :hopelessness::worked till 5am:

Holiday prices are going to fluctuate dramatically over the next few months depending on what the news happens to say, one thing is for sure. As soon as there is any kind of certainty that travel will be allowed you can bet everyone and their dog will be trying to book a holiday, and prices will skyrocket.

That’s why we booked for October now, we may not get to go. But If we do I know I will have paid a sensible price for the trip.

Reactions: NevMan, pburv and Snake Pliskin

Pretty much feel the same.

had to wait 5 months last year to get a refund from Virgin ... they had my money for over a year from booking the year before.

We booked with TUI and they were $hi7e too. They were so hard to get hold of too. I will contact them soon about our re-scheduled June holiday as no way that will happen ... or would I want to go ... things will still be too up in the air re foreign travel, even if we could go.

had to wait 5 months last year to get a refund from Virgin ... they had my money for over a year from booking the year before.

We booked with TUI and they were $hi7e too. They were so hard to get hold of too. I will contact them soon about our re-scheduled June holiday as no way that will happen ... or would I want to go ... things will still be too up in the air re foreign travel, even if we could go.

We had booked both trips directly with BA, I have to say they were very good. We were refunded our money in 3 days.

Reactions: pburv, Snake Pliskin and NevMan

Had the same issue with Virgin - 4 Months to get my money back - TUI were actually quite good for me with trip to Portugal as the guy said when I went to settle the balance, hold off because we're not flying from Stansted to Faro (nothing on the website) but if you tried to book ahead he was right nothing until April 21 - They refunded the money next day (It was October now so things had improved well so we thought) and I rebooked on-line for June 21 - The original one had been booked in a shop (What are they again) so couldn't transfer the balance

I'm with you I don't think June holiday to Portugal will go ahead.

Reactions: pburv and Snake Pliskin
Now I'm confused lol:scared2: Have you been ripped off or not?
Maybe it was all the ***************** that's confusing me :hopelessness::worked till 5am:
Yes as has everyone who booked and has paid for a holiday in May or June with tui, holiday prices do fluctuate as l check prices constantly over the year...but l have never seen them fluctuate as much as this amount
2 people can now go for £2740 same holiday l booked ie 11 nights same,date,airport etc etc
I paid £4000 for 2 people
same holiday and to go this September its £2600 each last time l looked

Yes as has everyone who booked and has paid for a holiday in May or June with tui, holiday prices do fluctuate as l check prices constantly over the year...but l have never seen them fluctuate as much as this amount
2 people can now go for £2740 same holiday l booked ie 11 nights same,date,airport etc etc
I paid £4000 for 2 people
same holiday and to go this September its £2600 each last time l looked

Crazy times mate.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and NevMan
There was a glimmer of hope for this year - certainly around Aug/ Sept, but as @jassyo06 also says, we don't want to book another holiday just to have it dashed again. So hopefully a couple of good holidays abroad next year. Antigua definitely sounds nice right now :yes:
As long as we can get to France in July, spend 6 weeks there and hopefully safe to return
Come on @jassyo06 there is some beautiful places in Scotland I for one love visiting Scotland for a weekend away .
Scotland, like Bagpipes is alright from a distance... 300 miles south should do it! Although your first minister seems to be doing an OK job with the Pandemic unlike duplicitous BloJo..

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
As long as we can get to France in July, spend 6 weeks there and hopefully safe to return

Scotland, like Bagpipes is alright from a distance... 300 miles south should do it! Although your first minister seems to be doing an OK job with the Pandemic unlike duplicitous BloJo..
We only have a population of 6 million its all relevant she's no better than bojo no transparency or direction....thinking up what to fine people for next....my work mate was fined £60 for driving with snow on his car at the weekend .....knew of this kinda motoring offense but l never heard of it being lmplemented

We only have a population of 6 million its all relevant she's no better than bojo no transparency or direction....thinking up what to fine people for next....my work mate was fined £60 for driving with snow on his car at the weekend .....knew of this kinda motoring offense but l never heard of it being lmplemented

Was it Orwell who said ‘all politicians are R souls but some are bigger R souls than others’!

Reactions: Jassyo06
Hey Guys @jassyo06 @RGBARGEE @pburv @Bristle Hound @Chris4410

We were discussing MG Montego's and Maestro's recently and look what I found on you tube lol.

Amazing what level of detail they went into for the handover back then :)

And the immense 150 bhp and 0 to 60mph in 7.5 seconds :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Chris4410, Jassyo06, NevMan and 3 others
Hey Guys @jassyo06 @RGBARGEE @pburv @Bristle Hound @Chris4410

We were discussing MG Montego's and Maestro's recently and look what I found on you tube lol.

Amazing what level of detail they went into for the handover back then :)

And the immense 150 bhp and 0 to 60mph in 7.5 seconds :tearsofjoy:

That was a cool video mate. An appreciating classic lol.
Would love a nice free Swiss watch with a new car a Breitling maybe.:whistle2:
For your information the tax was due on that car on the 1st of August.............. 1996

Reactions: Jassyo06, Snake Pliskin and Bristle Hound
For your information the tax was due on that car on the 1st of August.............. 1996
The one at the end was due tax in 2006!:scared2:

Free watch with a car??? Never understood the fascination with watches worth mega money. Bit like Vanity plates to me.

Reactions: Jassyo06, Snake Pliskin, pburv and 1 other person
@Snake Pliskin - Great vid that buddy
My Dad used to sell these & altho they were quite good in the day the reliability was terrible
They would make up for it with the reliability of a lovely engineered Swiss watch.:icon thumright:

Reactions: Jassyo06, Snake Pliskin and Bristle Hound
They would make up for it with the reliability of a lovely engineered Swiss watch.:icon thumright:
My Dad never passed one of them on ... lol

Reactions: Jassyo06, Snake Pliskin and pburv

Yeah I enjoyed it too ... amazing how these videos end up on you tube :)

Reactions: Jassyo06, NevMan, pburv and 1 other person
@Snake Pliskin - Great vid that buddy
My Dad used to sell these & altho they were quite good in the day the reliability was terrible

Yeah my Dad bought a new on in 1984.
Montego HLS in blue.
2 litre I think.
At the time I though it was the dogs lol
But you’re right, it was always going wrong.

Reactions: NevMan, pburv, RGBARGEE and 2 others
Free watch with a car??? Never understood the fascination with watches worth mega money. Bit like Vanity plates to me.

I love nice watches and enjoy seeing a nice timepiece on my wrist. It’s the only thing resembling jewellery I wear. If you buy a niece piece they hold their money well too.
Not sure how you can say they are like vanity plates, I don’t see them that way at all. You might as well say getting new cars is the same if that’s how you feel. Nothing wrong with a nice watch imo and I enjoy them immensely.

Reactions: NevMan, pburv, Mr Freeze and 4 others
I love nice watches and enjoy seeing a nice timepiece on my wrist. It’s the only thing resembling jewellery I wear. If you buy a niece piece they hold their money well too.
Not sure how you can say they are like vanity plates, I don’t see them that way at all. You might as well say getting new cars is the same if that’s how you feel. Nothing wrong with a nice watch imo and I enjoy them immensely.

Completely agree, I used some inheritance to buy an omega which I know I’ll keep forever and also have an Oris which is my every day watch.

I’m not one for an oversized or bling model but I do enjoy wearing a well engineered and good looking watch.

Reactions: NevMan, pburv, Bristle Hound and 3 others
Completely agree, I used some inheritance to buy an omega which I know I’ll keep forever and also have an Oris which is my every day watch.

I’m not one for an oversized or bling model but I do enjoy wearing a well engineered and good looking watch.
I understand that. Maybe I’ve come across too many ‘mines bigger than yours’ types or mines worth £20k. Just not something I’ve ever thought of spending £0000s on but like vanity plates. I do rather like nice looking things just never really got the watch thing but respect others choice to do so.

Reactions: TYb

You should know better Glenn, you are wrong and he’s right on every subject.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan and pburv
Yeah I enjoyed it too ... amazing how these videos end up on you tube :)
Watching the Saint going round that track. If it was me I would be sh*ting a brick and laughing my head off at the same time.

Last edited:
Reactions: TYb, Jcbmally and 8YARWY
You should know better Glenn, you are wrong and he’s right on every subject.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You do go on don't you!!

Glenn's known that for a good few years now I'm consistently on the right side of the argument, he's evening talking about getting another RS3 I hear!.

Although I am not always right I am usually, especially with Finance and Politics! .. However, I made a big mistake last year thinking an Audi SUV was a good idea for the missus when it was awful .... happy to admit I was wrong!!

Reactions: TYb
Status
Not open for further replies.