Audi S3 to VW Golf R - Am I a joke to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I certainly will never make a car choice based on PCP interest rates. I still reckon PCP is a less than ideal way to go. Save a bit of capital and then get a cheap loan over a longer period and essentially do your own PCP. As long as car is worth more than outstanding loan after 2/3/4 years what’s the problem? Better still save for longer and pay cash and then save money monthly for your next car.

I am paying my car off in the next couple of weeks I got it on a four years PCP deal but have over payed when I had some spare money to save on the interest so the ballon is due mid February . Think i'am going to keep it until its three year old and have no car payments for a year and see what the markets like then .

Reactions: NevMan, Snake Pliskin, Jcbmally and 3 others
I am paying my car off in the next couple of weeks I got it on a four years PCP deal but have over payed when I had some spare money to save on the interest so the ballon is due mid February . Think i'am going to keep it until its three year old and have no car payments for a year and see what the markets like then .
That’s the thing to do I reckon. You can buy extra Audi warranty if you need to!

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Mr Freeze and Jcbmally
That’s the thing to do I reckon. You can buy extra Audi warranty if you need to!

Its two year old in march so I have 12 or so months warranty left before I have to worry about renewing it .

Reactions: pburv and Snake Pliskin
Its two year old in march so I have 12 or so months warranty left before I have to worry about renewing it .
So start saving.. £5-6k in the bank plus the value of your car in a year or so opens up endless options.

Reactions: AdamInKent, Mr Freeze and Snake Pliskin
I certainly will never make a car choice based on PCP interest rates. I still reckon PCP is a less than ideal way to go. Save a bit of capital and then get a cheap loan over a longer period and essentially do your own PCP. As long as car is worth more than outstanding loan after 2/3/4 years what’s the problem? Better still save for longer and pay cash and then save money monthly for your next car.

Unless you are buying some rare, or highly sought after low production vehicle you are always going to lose money on a car purchase.

I have only ever kept a car for between 9 months and 3 years, as of yet I’ve never owned anything that has prompted me to keep one any longer.

Reactions: NevMan, pburv and Snake Pliskin
Unless you are buying some rare, or highly sought after low production vehicle you are always going to lose money on a car purchase.

I have only ever kept a car for between 9 months and 3 years, as of yet I’ve never owned anything that has prompted me to keep one any longer.

I kept my RS3 for 4 years which was the longest by some way I’ve kept a car - also enabled me to pay it off & then avoid finance in the future ... best way mate :icon thumright:

Reactions: RGBARGEE, Mr Freeze and pburv
I kept my RS3 for 4 years which was the longest by some way I’ve kept a car - also enabled me to pay it off & then avoid finance in the future ... best way mate :icon thumright:

I now buy new and then and hold onto my cars for ten plus years (I only do about 10k miles a year). Having specced the car I want, I keep it for as long as I can. That gives me plenty of time to save for the next one.

Reactions: JohnM100, Jcbmally, A4A4 and 4 others
I now buy new and then and hold onto my cars for ten plus years (I only do about 10k miles a year). Having specced the car I want, I keep it for as long as I can. That gives me plenty of time to save for the next one.

Wow 10 years is a long time but good on you for doing that, very impressive.

Reactions: Jcbmally, AdamInKent and pburv

l looked into an extra years warranty ie for the 4th year thinking it would also benefit me as well as when selling on in the 4th year but its not transferable to the next owner so l didnt bother,the only parts replaced under warranty on my car where the led door sill/scuff plates my finance settlement fee come March is will be around £22k be somewhat sad to see it go as it was my first car l personally chose but onwards and upwards

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv and Snake Pliskin

You'll be buying a battery with 4 wheels attached to it the next time around ...lol would rather get a bus or walk

Reactions: Sparks43, AdamInKent, pburv and 2 others
l looked into an extra years warranty ie for the 4th year thinking it would also benefit me as well as when selling on in the 4th year but its not transferable to the next owner so l didnt bother,the only parts replaced under warranty on my car where the led door sill/scuff plates my finance settlement fee come March is will be around £22k be somewhat sad to see it go as it was my first car l personally chose but onwards and upwards

Have you had any offers to buy it from traders or private sale ?

Reactions: pburv
Colour is turbo blue was going for Nogaro but that would have pushed back the delivery date to September or even October not getting a new car again on the onset of winter,, options blue interior styling pack.storage pack only option left was red brake calipers which l aint a fan of with a light blue paint got myself the oled rear tail lights to replace the standard led lights they should be with me at the end of this week

Nice mate, look forward to the pics when you get it

Reactions: Jassyo06 and pburv
Should be some good equity left in your car judging by that settlement figure.:yes:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and NevMan
You'll be buying a battery with 4 wheels attached to it the next time around ...lol would rather get a bus or walk

same here pal - not interested in electric at all.

That’s the one thing making me think I may consider a face lift RS3 ... could be a last chance to get that glorious 2.5 litre engine again ... although with noise regs, I’m concerned the sound may be somewhat muted compared to my pre-fl.

either way, I will make sure I get a nice Petrol powered car, if things start looking bleak for model availability.

I think we’re ok for a few years but in 2029 we need to have a nice super unleaded car parked on our drives mate.

Reactions: NevMan, pburv, RGBARGEE and 1 other person
Wow 10 years is a long time but good on you for doing that, very impressive.

Thanks. I suppose it depends how much you enjoy car shopping. I’m not a fan: for me it involves lots of time consuming research. The way I look at it is that, since the fun is in the owning and the using, having bought a car I enjoy, why get rid of it? I still love driving my Golf VI 11 years after buying it: if it hadn’t been for the price-risks brought about by Brexit, I probably would have kept it another year.

(And, needless to day, by holding the car for longer, I’m spreading that high early years depreciation over a longer time period.)

Reactions: pburv, A4A4, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Have you had any offers to buy it from traders or private sale ?

Last September l was offered £27900 at 28500 miles its now done 32000 mikes and it won't do much more miles when l come to sell it on, last serviced at 29800 brake fluid as well full Audi service history and looked after with extreme OCD care and attention my seat is the only seat that's been used and not one swirl mark on the exterior lol

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan, pburv and 4 others
Last September l was offered £27900 at 28500 miles its now done 32000 mikes and it won't do much more miles when l come to sell it on, last serviced at 29800 brake fluid as well full Audi service history and looked after with extreme OCD care and attention my seat is the only seat that's been used and not one swirl mark on the exterior lol

Looks like your gonna be in in good position come sale time

Reactions: NevMan and pburv

I’d push for a very high offer mate ... it’s a unique car in incredible condition and with extended new car sales, the prospect of an immediate sale for a Dealer would be highly attractive imo.

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan and pburv

I get bored too easy, I’m aiming for a 718 Cayman GTS later this year. With my significant drop in annual mileage this could be a car I keep for many years.

The TCR is holding on to its value very well, if it keeps going in the same direction there could be pretty good equity in it in around 6 months time.

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan, pburv and 1 other person
I get bored too easy, I’m aiming for a 718 Cayman GTS later this year. With my significant drop in annual mileage this could be a car I keep for many years.

The TCR is holding on to its value very well, if it keeps going in the same direction there could be pretty good equity in it in around 6 months time.

I think you bought wisely in the TCR mate.
Really cracking car - enjoy it while you own it & retain high value when come to sell.
Yeah I wonder if I may venture down the Porsche route at some point.

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan, pburv and 1 other person
Really cracking car - enjoy it while you own it & retain high value when come to sell.

I genuinely have to "tick" the Porsche box, I haven't actually driven a 718 but I can't imagine I won't be hugely impressed when I do. It's probably one of the reasons I have stayed away from test driving one, I expect to what one badly but up until recently one wouldn't have been practical for me.

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan, pburv and 2 others

I'am also hoping to venture down the Porsche route at some point . Brilliant cars

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan, Chris4410 and 2 others
I’d like something 6 cylinder again but choices getting VERY limited on that front :(

Reactions: NevMan and pburv
I'am also hoping to venture down the Porsche route at some point . Brilliant cars
That’s what I have thought for years and getting very excited now I can do it. Off to Porsche dealer this morning to sort out Tracker and Reg number. Still going to keep RS4 for now I think.

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Jassyo06 and Snake Pliskin
I’d push for a very high offer mate ... it’s a unique car in incredible condition and with extended new car sales, the prospect of an immediate sale for a Dealer would be highly attractive imo.
It won't be sold to an Audi dealership thats for sure and to be honest l have'nt given selling it on much thought 3 to 4 months the way things are at the moment is a good bit away....looks very unlikely ill get away on holiday come May...so I'll just get a refund l let TUI hold on to my money last year then went on holiday in September but not this year l have had enough of being disappointed/not knowing if or when....my holiday price plus what l make on my sale will easily cover my £10k deposit.....

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan, pburv and Snake Pliskin
It won't be sold to an Audi dealership thats for sure and to be honest l have'nt given selling it on much thought 3 to 4 months the way things are at the moment is a good bit away....looks very unlikely ill get away on holiday come May...so I'll just get a refund l let TUI hold on to my money last year then went on holiday in September but not this year l have had enough of being disappointed/not knowing if or when....my holiday price plus what l make on my sale will easily cover my £10k deposit.....

Similar here in the holiday. We were due to go away in June (deferred from Sept last year) so that will be canned. Resigned to a couple of short breaks in the uk this year now second half of this year.

Reactions: NevMan, Mr Freeze, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Similar here in the holiday. We were due to go away in June (deferred from Sept last year) so that will be canned. Resigned to a couple of short breaks in the uk this year now second half of this year.
Hoping we can make it to the French place ASAP. If only we had lockdown properly once we could be free of this. Someone needs holding to account me thinks. At least we still have our cars to play with for now. Budget on 3 March rumoured to punish petrol heads again.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Hoping we can make it to the French place ASAP. If only we had lockdown properly once we could be free of this. Someone needs holding to account me thinks. At least we still have our cars to play with for now. Budget on 3 March rumoured to punish petrol heads again.

couldn't agree more mate.

Reactions: RGBARGEE and pburv
Will be going back to Antigua next year all being well. Was going this year but as you two have said it ain,t going to happen☹️

Reactions: Jassyo06
Will be going back to Antigua next year all being well. Was going this year but as you two have said it ain,t going to happen☹️

There was a glimmer of hope for this year - certainly around Aug/ Sept, but as @jassyo06 also says, we don't want to book another holiday just to have it dashed again. So hopefully a couple of good holidays abroad next year. Antigua definitely sounds nice right now :yes:

Reactions: pburv
I wouldn't holiday in Scotland even if it where for free mate its a Hole

Reactions: RGBARGEE, BarryG79, pburv and 2 others
Will be going back to Antigua next year all being well. Was going this year but as you two have said it ain,t going to happen
Carribean wouldn't go back...but if someone offered me to go tomorrow l might think about it lol

Reactions: RGBARGEE, pburv, Sparks43 and 1 other person

PMSL
laughing.gif

Scotland's tourist minister speaks lol

Reactions: BarryG79, Audi Bairn, NevMan and 2 others
Nice to see the thread staying on topic as usual
laughing.gif

Reactions: JohnM100, Audi Bairn, NevMan and 2 others

Come on @jassyo06 there is some beautiful places in Scotland I for one love visiting Scotland for a weekend away .

Reactions: BarryG79, Audi Bairn, AdamInKent and 3 others

Exactly the same, Portugal last October bounced to end of June 21, but I don't think it's going to happen and like Jassy, I'm thinking of just getting my money back this time and deal with it when we can.

Got a few days booked in Whitby for July and Norfolk for September, so hopefully they might happen.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and pburv

North West Scotland is stunning, as are the Cairngorms. Some absolutely cracking driving roads as well.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Snake Pliskin and pburv
Status
Not open for further replies.