Facelift Audi Logo/Rings Puddle Lights

Still waiting for mine. Dealer said he'd ordered them a couple of weeks ago with "delivery in a day or two". I don't have any problems fitting them myself, but I did have to be pretty insistent that the car as delivered failed to meet the build spec.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
I have to admit, they are very cool, and it definately helped the S3's cause over the Golf R

Look similar to the ones I'm selling (but with the S3 logo) which i bought from Aliexpress a few weeks ago but decided not to put them on.

Yes, they will fit. But cheaper on AliExpress.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thanks have ordered from Aliexpress at only a tad over £5 delivered can't go wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Consistency would be nice. I got told yesterday by my dealer they aren't standard and it would cost me £86 to have them fitted to a S3.

Hi mate,

did you press them on this at all?

If you're dealing with Wakefield I feel like contacting them and making sure my car will have them. I know it seems like a small thing, but these details are important.

If others are getting them gratis, then we certainly should!

I got them on mine, however there was the box for them in the glove box so not sure if they retrofitted them at the dealership

Reactions: CookD and SILVAF0XX
Hi mate,

did you press them on this at all?

If you're dealing with Wakefield I feel like contacting them and making sure my car will have them. I know it seems like a small thing, but these details are important.

If others are getting them gratis, then we certainly should!

Plenty of evidence on here confirming they should be standard (including my case) therefore any dealer saying otherwise is wrong.
Contact Audi Customer Services if still no luck.

Reactions: SILVAF0XX
Mine came fitted on the front doors but not on the rear. I also have the box for the fittings in my glovebox, I assume Bolton Audi fitted the front rings after taking delivery as maybe some punters have complained previously.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Steelster
Mine came fitted on the front doors but not on the rear. I also have the box for the fittings in my glovebox, I assume Bolton Audi fitted the front rings after taking delivery as maybe some punters have complained previously.

I have "reached out" to my dealer for clarification, as I suspect judging by comments here, that they are indeed fitting at the dealers prior to collection!

*update* - My dealer confirmed they are "standard on the S3" so I will wait and see!

Reactions: Supa Koopa
I have "reached out" to my dealer for clarification, as I suspect judging by comments here, that they are indeed fitting at the dealers prior to collection!

*update* - My dealer confirmed they are "standard on the S3" so I will wait and see!

That's good to hear as when I asked they told me they weren't standard. Even after I went back and showed them the brochure they still insisted they weren't standard. My plan was to wait and hope they were already fitted to the car before I started to push the point.

I agree on your small details remark and I did warn them that they would need to be fitted. :)

Reactions: SILVAF0XX
In fact
That's good to hear as when I asked they told me they weren't standard. Even after I went back and showed them the brochure they still insisted they weren't standard. My plan was to wait and hope they were already fitted to the car before I started to push the point.

I agree on your small details remark and I did warn them that they would need to be fitted. :)

I'm still to be convinced they will actually be there when I collect the car... we shall see!

Reactions: Supa Koopa and Audi Bairn
In fact

I'm still to be convinced they will actually be there when I collect the car... we shall see!

If they're not there, the both of us strongly explaining they should be might help. If not, they'll be a few phones calls to customer services I think.

Reactions: SILVAF0XX and Audi Bairn
Spoke to my dealer today as our new S3 Saloon only had them in the front doors which is apparently is all you get, so I asked about the price for replacement Audi ring leds for the rear....£90 lol but they offered 10% off, aye ok I think I'll live without them

Reactions: pastey
Spoke to my dealer today as our new S3 Saloon only had them in the front doors which is apparently is all you get, so I asked about the price for replacement Audi ring leds for the rear....£90 lol but they offered 10% off, aye ok I think I'll live without them

Yeah, Audi Beam standard on front only. Regular puddle lights on rear doors.
Can get cheaper ones on line though and easily swapped too.

Reactions: pastey
Am I the only one who finds them a tad embarrassing, I try to somehow hide them when I open my door in the work or public car parks, think standard puddle lights would look better, just my opinion though.

Am I the only one who finds them a tad embarrassing, I try to somehow hide them when I open my door in the work or public car parks, think standard puddle lights would look better, just my opinion though.
Could be...
But... I'm happy to swap your beams for the flat whites I removed from mine :)

So... on My 8V S3 FL the Audi rings come as standard on the front? That's a nice surprise if they do, as I thought they was an option on the configurator?

Just a month to wait till I find out...

If it wasn't a PCP car I'd be tempted
Makes no odds, nobody will check or even notice.
Lets face it, Audi don't even know if they're standard or not, it's only us "experts" who keep them right lol
One of my wifes previous TT's went back with different coloured wheels - Audi didn't bat an eye.

So... on My 8V S3 FL the Audi rings come as standard on the front? That's a nice surprise if they do, as I thought they was an option on the configurator?

Just a month to wait till I find out...

Yes, 100% standard on front.
If it arrives without them, Audi should retro fit free of charge.

Reactions: MikeSel^
Thanks :) that's something else to look forward to! I see they're a bit like marmite... but I actually like them

Thanks :) that's something else to look forward to! I see they're a bit like marmite... but I actually like them

Must admit I think they're a nice finishing touch and only one or two peeps I've heard didn't like them.
It's a personal thing I suppose.

Decided to order a pair online and fitted them at the weekend. Straight forward 5min job. Just not sure if I like them!

IMG 0870
IMG 0873
IMG 0874
IMG 0875

Just Cheapies off Ebay mate
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192099654831

Couldn't justify the oem price as I wasn't sure if I'd like them.

Quality was good and left them out for a bit to see if there was any heat issues before putting them in. No problems

Just Cheapies off Ebay mate
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192099654831

Couldn't justify the oem price as I wasn't sure if I'd like them.

Quality was good and left them out for a bit to see if there was any heat issues before putting them in. No problems

I'll be damned if I can get mine out to fit my aftermarket Puddle lights - is their a special way to remove them?

Last edited:
Just thought I'd mention that I saw my car yesterday (collecting Monday) but I did check and it has got the Audi ring puddle lights on the front doors.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Supa Koopa
Just thought I'd mention that I saw my car yesterday (collecting Monday) but I did check and it has got the Audi ring puddle lights on the front doors.

That's great news. Hopefully mine will be the same (I can't see why it wouldn't be) and will save me a discussion with the dealer. You didn't happen to see a nice white 5 door S3 while you were there did you....? lol

Finally got them off!
1d6759d54dc762cad66dcc87dce43058.jpg

Reactions: Stevier88
That's great news. Hopefully mine will be the same (I can't see why it wouldn't be) and will save me a discussion with the dealer. You didn't happen to see a nice white 5 door S3 while you were there did you....? lol

Ha ha... no I didn't! I did look for you as well !!

See you got them out mate. I had to fiddle a bit with the drivers one. The small knife on a Swiss Army knife is ideal.

See you got them out mate. I had to fiddle a bit with the drivers one. The small knife on a Swiss Army knife is ideal.

Harder than I thought they would be to remove - snapped some of the casing on the drivers side one but all fitted now so shouldn't matter.
The connector was a different size on the ones I got (new audi connector is smaller so could just slot the pins in to the cable).

My Audi ring puddle lights are *still* on back order (since January). Audi UK just push it back to the dealer that I bought the car from, which is 400 miles away. I'm not getting anywhere. Functionally it doesn't make any difference, but it's the principle of the thing.

Anyone have any suggestions?

My Audi ring puddle lights are *still* on back order (since January). Audi UK just push it back to the dealer that I bought the car from, which is 400 miles away. I'm not getting anywhere. Functionally it doesn't make any difference, but it's the principle of the thing.

Anyone have any suggestions?
I've been chasing these up with my dealer audi cheshire oaks since Feb...still no luck..starting to feel there just brushing me off...

I've been chasing these up with my dealer audi cheshire oaks since Feb...still no luck..starting to feel there just brushing me off...
Same issue I'm having with Audi Brighton (the one in Melbourne, Australia)....

Slightly off topic but I saw an article the other day where a prototype Audi had the 4-rings on the front and back of the car illuminated. I have often be surprised than Audi have not done this in the past. Perhaps it will be added to new models in the future.

Slightly off topic but I saw an article the other day where a prototype Audi had the 4-rings on the front and back of the car illuminated. I have often be surprised than Audi have not done this in the past. Perhaps it will be added to new models in the future.
I saw that. It was the e-tron concept vehicle.