Audi Data services, Map and destination sent from App

helicopter_red

Reaction score
Is anybody having issues with their data connection?
I had no traffic warnings today and have not recieved any destinations sent from the App since Monday morning, Also yesterday and today the google satelite overlay stopped working and the maps defaulted to the standard plain Audi one.

Cheers

Random one, but does anyone know if this A3 with 'data services' actually have a working Wifi Hotspot with internet data? I was too scared to connect to the car's Wifi, in case it would 'open a can of worms' that would end up in a monthly subscription.

Yes and No.
It has wifi, but you need to buy a data plan to use it and stream music, or use Alexa. You cannot connect to anything that bills you by accident so dont worry.
The amount of data you get on the plan makes it extremely expensive in comparisson to UK data plans, so it will be interesting to see what options are available when the 3 years are over.

Apple play connects via wifi and if your Iphone is unlocked, the My Audi app will open, so for this you should connect to the wifi.
You get 3 years free data access with a new car but this is only for the car data services to work, not to stream music.

This is All based on UK spec and Iphone only.

Reactions: AdamInKent
So what is the best way to get an incar wifi hotspot without paying for the very expensive (Audi) monthly plan?
I am currently with EE and get 100GB per month as part of my phone plan so how can I use this data without having my phone in the car say to view my dashcam in real time when parked?

I have no idea if you mean using the cars aerials or built in wifi. I guess this will start to become a topic when peoples cars start to hit 3 years old and the free three years of data expires, so this year.
I guess this would be something that would need to be unlocked/coded so something for the coders.
For work reasons i have an EE wifi dongle in the boot always on. I guess the battery keeps it going over night, when the ignition turns off the power to it.

So you have your EE wifi dongle wired so that it is always on (powered when the cars ignition is off)
How is it connected and do you have any battery drain issues?

So you have your EE wifi dongle wired so that it is always on (powered when the cars ignition is off)
How is it connected and do you have any battery drain issues?
No sorry if it wasn’t clear I have it connected to my 12 volt outlet in the boot which is only powered when ignition is on, but as my car is used a lot it manages to keep itself charged up!

Reactions: Xsapper