Audi Connect monthly cost after 3 month trial...Any ideas?

Smickers

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've ordered a new B9 Avant S-Line which is arriving on Monday, and it comes with a 3 month trial of Audi Connect. The salesman told me they are offering 12 months free to new customers (not sure if this is after you've signed up to a 12 month sub = 24 months subscription). I keep reading about separate sim cards for data and RSAP compatible phones, but am I right in saying there are two levels of payment?

1 for the audi connect service and another if you choose to use your own data method?

I'm on an unlimited data plan on iPhone with GiffGaff, but do I need to subscribe to Audi Connect as well. The dealer didn't have a clue about prices, and the internet doesn't seem to be very useful in getting the info.

How much does it cost?!

I got a 12 month extension for free. Just contacted Audi when my trial ran out. Took 2 weeks to sort out as they had quite a backlog.

I got a 12 month extension for free. Just contacted Audi when my trial ran out. Took 2 weeks to sort out as they had quite a backlog.
Thanks mate, hopefully I get the same offer. Do you get free data with that?

If you're getting a MY17 it has a SIM card fitted somewhat and your data will be included - well as far as the dealer at Coventry reckons. I spoke with him about the silly amounts of data being used by Google Earth and it's only an issue if using your own sim as you have to pay for the data use!

He also said there was no prices yet as Audi don't know the data usage yet and he'd been aware of them just renewing after the 3 months if you ask them.

If you're getting a MY17 it has a SIM card fitted somewhat and your data will be included - well as far as the dealer at Coventry reckons. I spoke with him about the silly amounts of data being used by Google Earth and it's only an issue if using your own sim as you have to pay for the data use!

He also said there was no prices yet as Audi don't know the data usage yet and he'd been aware of them just renewing after the 3 months if you ask them.
I'm hoping it is a MY17 model. It was at port last weekend and is to be delivered on Friday with pickup on Monday. In Ibis white too ;)

Hi there, I'm using a 3 SIM card - it's a data only plan (12gb for £30)!! By far the best deal around. Once you've used up your 12gb just bin that sim and buy another....

Hi there, I'm using a 3 SIM card - it's a data only plan (12gb for £30)!! By far the best deal around. Once you've used up your 12gb just bin that sim and buy another....
I'm assuming you already have Audi connect through the tech pack?

Who in Audi did you contact?

I'd be interested in that too. Emailed Audi customer services but no response. Might try their Twitter but they were worse than useless about sorting out DAB logos and think the dealers know everything.

I just emailed a general enquiry via the Audi website, no specific contact details I'm afraid. They follow up by phone so I don't have a name on email record.

Reactions: Smickers
Out
I'd be interested in that too. Emailed Audi customer services but no response. Might try their Twitter but they were worse than useless about sorting out DAB logos and think the dealers know everything.
of interest, did you manage to sort the radio logos?

Out

of interest, did you manage to sort the radio logos?

Not yet. Dealer I bought from had nothing I hadn't tried so advised to book the car in. I don't have time at the moment so won't be looked at for a while.

Just checked the attached on my mmi. Does this mean I have these services until then?

Attachments

• IMG_2153.JPG
    IMG_2153.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,253
Oh then can't complain getting that length when it should have been 3 months!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strange how there's different expiry dates too. Have those that have had subscriptions expire had them dated 3 months from collection?

Using Live Chat on Audi.co.uk, I've been told they are renewing all trials for 12 months if you ask.

I'm trying to get an answer about what they are doing about SIM cards for MY16 cars as there is no built in SIM.

Stock response time....contact your local dealer (who won't know anything!)

So I received a call from Audi Uk customer services 2 days after placing a query on their website. Super simple call..they're adding 12 months onto my subscription close to when my current subscription ends. Apparently they work on a diary system with regards to extension.

Piece of cake!

I have just used Live Chat, gave my reg and full name and they have extended audi connect for 12 months, should be activated again within 5 days

Was it the Live chat on the audi uk customer services site?

I'll give it a go.

Still had no luck, waiting for them to call back.

It's just not meant to be. Crazy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-09-22-21-07-49.png
    Screenshot_2016-09-22-21-07-49.png
    140.2 KB · Views: 2,312
I have just used Live Chat, gave my reg and full name and they have extended audi connect for 12 months, should be activated again within 5 days

I did the same earlier today. They initially tried to just give me a 6 month extension. Then I mentioned 'others' had been given 12 months and they then agreed. Easy process.

I spoke with Gerald also last night at Audi UK. They advised me to speak to my local dealer!

I spoke with Gerald also last night at Audi UK. They advised me to speak to my local dealer!

So far I'm less than impressed with Audi Customer Services if you can call it that. They know nothing, do nothing. Expect the dealers to know things. The dealers, equally clueless about their own products. You'll get more sense on this forum tbh

Reactions: MrDode
So far I'm less than impressed with Audi Customer Services if you can call it that. They know nothing, do nothing. Expect the dealers to know things. The dealers, equally clueless about their own products. You'll get more sense on this forum tbh
I agree about Audi UK passing every little question back to the dealers, it's incredibly frustrating. Whether you then get an answer to your question comes down to how well your dealership trains its staff and whether they have the time to look into it.

A very inconsistent customer support solution.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Hi,

Here is an extract from my transcript from Audi Uk Live Chat yesterday, all went very well...i just need to get a new sim card and hopefully in a few days it will be activated again.

I do agree that depending who you speak to, you get a different answer.

David: 12:55
Hi, My 3 month trial of audi connect has ended on my A4, reg xxxxxxx, are you able to extend this for me as
when i went to the dealer they did not seem to know and on a couple of the forums they have commented that "Live
Chat" can deal with this?? Thanks David
Abigail: 12:55
Hello David, you're speaking to Abigail at Audi UK.
Abigail: 12:56
I will just be a few moments reading your above comments.
Abigail: 12:57
Thank you for waiting.
When did your 3 month trail end David?
Apologies 3 month trial end?
David: 12:58
Hi it ended back in March and i have had nothing since.
Abigail: 13:00
No problem. We can renew it here for 12 months, can I take your full name, please?
Abigail: 13:02
It may take up to 5 working days for this to be renewed, would you like me to contact you once it has been done?

Hi All,

Just to confirm the above, i got a call from Abi from Audi UK today to say that my audi connect is renewed until 27th Sep 2017.

I've just tried again on the live chat. Imran told me straight away that he would email the relevant team and get it extended by a year.

I asked when I should expect it to be done? He said they are busy at the moment but should be done by next week.

Might finally be getting somewhere!

Note to self. When my trial runs out, if Gerald answers the Audi chat, close the window and try again later !

Reactions: Rob_F and mjcourtney
I got a call from Rosetta yesterday, she was the customer service manager that my original phone request got escalated to. In fairness she's been in constant contact at least once a week.

She said by pure luck she'd been on training this week and she raised my very case with the trainer, he told her how to do it by contacting Germany. She said it should be working by next week and she'd call me next Friday.

This morning I've got in the car and it's working! Licence dates are all 7/10/2017.

But I'm not sure if Rosetta has resolved this or if it's been sorted via my Audi chat request.

Anyway, be persistent and the customer service staff are slowly learning how to extend the audi connect.

Do it all again in 12 months time!

Does this apply to the basic Nav package, with the smaller screen? Or only with the Tech pack?

Hi,
I dont have the tech pack just the standard MMI with SD Card based navigation and mine got extended for a year free of charge. just do an online chat with Audi UK, thats how i did it, take about a week to get updated.

Hi,
I dont have the tech pack just the standard MMI with SD Card based navigation and mine got extended for a year free of charge. just do an online chat with Audi UK, thats how i did it, take about a week to get updated.
Does the standard nav allow you to use Google Maps via Connect?

Just checked the attached on my mmi. Does this mean I have these services until then?
So this morning, turned on my car to find all the licences bar the e-sim have been reduced from July 17 to December this year. Has anybody had theirs reduced?

So this morning, turned on my car to find all the licences bar the e-sim have been reduced from July 17 to December this year. Has anybody had theirs reduced?
i had mine reduced (somehow) from 1 year to standard 3 months only days after delivery - never found out why but customer services are due to extend it when it expires in December