Audi A6 avant 2002

Vasil

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Im new to the forum. I own a 2001 audi a6 avant 2.5 tdi automatic. Its a old car but it drives amazing( sometimes) and also i have spend a lot of money repairing it so i dont want to get rid of it. The issues with the car, i will try to keep them short.

1st issue and this is not bothering me too much is the abs. The light is on, i went to a garage and there was no fault codes, the scan tool that the mechanic used was an expensive one but he told me it will need a new abs pump. Now this may be tru but im not going to spend another 300/400 on a new pump. Is there another way to test if its the pump or not

2nd issue is to do with the idling and gearbox( i think they are related). Car starts first time, no problem but when you put it in drive you realy have to rev it up in order to go. If i leave it to idle for 5 min still the same. Sometimes it dose not have that issue. Also after driving it for a while and you go to stop the car revs stay at like 2000 and the car dose not want to stop. After pressing down really hard it stops but it jumps around. I have no idea what is that and even more weird is when you are parked or in nutrual the revs will start climing up and than after few min will go down. Please help me.

1.Dianostic with VCDS
If can't.
In case 1 problem. light be on abs and apc .
1.May be abs sensor (near disk location on left and right wheel) failed (short to ground open curcuit else).
2.ABS pump failed.
IN case 2
1.Idle to hight shoose be at 650-800 rpm for 2.5 hp .If higher when in D or R it try to go front or reverse which you engage.
So first must to clear idle
1.1 O2 sensor failed bank 1 and 2 chang to new .
Cheer.
BE follow.