Audi A4 b8 dash cam hard wire

garygee

Reaction score
im fitting a nextbase dash cam into my b8 and need to know which fuse to plug into, have any of you gurus done this any info would be great

I think it got to be permanent live a the camera will start recording if the car is parked up in a car park

Use a tap off fuse and then select either a circuit that isn’t used (I use AFS lights in my 8P A3 as it doesn’t have them these are ignition live) or double up on the cigarettes lighter.

https://goo.gl/images/jpJBUF

im fitting a nextbase dash cam into my b8 and need to know which fuse to plug into, have any of you gurus done this any info would be great

Hi, i have hardwired a nextbase dashcam into my B8. It was quick and easy, the hardest part was finding the right fuse!

You need to piggyback off a switched fuse so that the camera switches on/off with the ignition.

Permenent fuse means the camera continues running and you will have to manually switch it on/off yourself.

Parking mode (which is off by default) works off the built-in battery and records when it detects movement.

All fuses seemed to be Permanent so it was trial and error until I found the right fuse to allow the camera to work with the ignition.

Hope the pic below helps..

D2_B8079_A-_BA7_C-4_A08-_ABD3-16_BAD206_DA2_A.jpg

Reactions: garygee
Surely motion detection parking mode takes too long to wake up and records after an event ?

Hi, i have hardwired a nextbase dashcam into my B8. It was quick and easy, the hardest part was finding the right fuse!

You need to piggyback off a switched fuse so that the camera switches on/off with the ignition.

Permenent fuse means the camera continues running and you will have to manually switch it on/off yourself.

Parking mode (which is off by default) works off the built-in battery and records when it detects movement.

All fuses seemed to be Permanent so it was trial and error until I found the right fuse to allow the camera to work with the ignition.

Hope the pic below helps..

D2_B8079_A-_BA7_C-4_A08-_ABD3-16_BAD206_DA2_A.jpg
Thanks , it looks like you've fitted in the 2nd fuse up from the bottom

Thanks , it looks like you've fitted in the 2nd fuse up from the bottom

Yep, and the earth wire is connected to the big bolt you can see towards the top left - that was a bit fiddly!

Yes mate a picture speaks a thousand words all sorted happy days thanks for the help

Reactions: ion2211
Hi all,

Bringing this thread back to life - how have people hidden wires for rear dash cam on an Avant. I've just run round with some basic stick on cable clips but wondered if anyone had bothered to hide. Probably not worth it as who looks around in the boot bar the dogs!