AUDI A3 8P Convertible Aerial Placement

Dave-v-v

Reaction score
Hi All,
My radio signal is bad and the convertible has as no Arial on the roof, so I guess it is in the front window :shrug: Has anyone got any clue before I start ripping the A and B pillars off where the booster is or the aerial?
The A3 hatch it's the boot lid and some parts in the drivers side boot cabby hole but it has a roof Arial so it is passably different? :sos:

ffRjZX4.png

HMipNHv.png

Reactions: Dave-v-v
Thanks Samisnake any clue how the Bluetooth works as this is bad as well phone will drop connection sometimes?

I will get the stereo out first and have a look, as the garage had it out not so long ago and now its not as good so fingers crossed its just a lose connection.

Thanks for the help :)

Hi All,
My radio signal is bad and the convertible has as no Arial on the roof, so I guess it is in the front window :shrug: Has anyone got any clue before I start ripping the A and B pillars off where the booster is or the aerial?
The A3 hatch it's the boot lid and some parts in the drivers side boot cabby hole but it has a roof Arial so it is passably different? :sos:
My understanding is that the FM aerial on the Cabriolet is embedded in the windscreen and there is an amplifier (Search for part number 8P7035225A) embedded in the A-pillar. I'm guessing that aftermarket antenna adaptors don't provide power for the amplifier. I suspect what we really need is a plain cable from DIN antenna input to Fakra plug and a 1K resistor to +12V or something but no-one seems to be able to confirm this. I'm guessing the OEM radio provides power to the amplifier through the Fakra plug. (I'm having the same fight...) :culpability: