Audi A3 2.0 fsi Petrol se 2006 - loss of power - cooliant light on

jkazmi_1

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have recently brought an Audi A3 2.0 fsi se 6 speed manual.

The car start and drive perfect when cold. But when i have driven it for more than 10-15 minutes, there is a clear loss of power 1st gear max 15mph, 2nd gear, max 25mph, 3rd gear max speed 35mph and so on. It feels as though its goes into sort of limp mode and the cooliant light - showing low, flashes but i have checked the level and its okay. (not sure if this is related to the loss of power issue)

Can anyone please advise what the problem would be and if they have had simular issues?

Thank you in advance!!

ps - im new to this forum.

thermostat stuck closed probably, get some codes reading using VCDS
P.S. Welcome on the forum. Hope u enjoy it!

Hello All,

I have recently brought an Audi A3 2.0 fsi se 6 speed manual.

The car start and drive perfect when cold. But when i have driven it for more than 10-15 minutes, there is a clear loss of power 1st gear max 15mph, 2nd gear, max 25mph, 3rd gear max speed 35mph and so on. It feels as though its goes into sort of limp mode and the cooliant light - showing low, flashes but i have checked the level and its okay. (not sure if this is related to the loss of power issue)

Can anyone please advise what the problem would be and if they have had simular issues?

Thank you in advance!!

ps - im new to this forum.
Morning did you ever get a solution to your car in having the same struggle and wondering if you could help.