1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else get this?

S32B May 4, 2018

1. S32B

S32B Well-Known Member Audi A5 S tronic Coupe

OK so I decided to give my car a good clean today, everything from snow foam & rinse, hand wash/rinse/dry, iron out & rinse, 2nd hand wash/rinse, sealed (hydro2 lite)/rinse and dried.

So as I was at the start point my neighbour went out, an hour or so later she came back in, she got out of her car and just stood there looking at me with a stupid smirk/grin on her face, I stopped what I was doing and looked at her..."It's taking a long time to clean your car isn't it?" and then back to the smirk...It instantly wound me up! So I did a quick explanation of why...I was still wound up after she went into her house!

My wife even said to me, it's up to you how long you clean your car for and you don't have to explain to anyone. Which is correct, but it just pi**ed me off big time that people that don't know anything about cleaning a car can be so smarmy :D

BTW, this is the woman whose husband used a yard brush to get the snow off her car a few months back!!!

So has anyone else here encountered neighbours like that?

Good thing about summer, just been out in it and it still looks clean :)
    done.jpg

BarryG79, Audib5fan and sgtvic like this.
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Taxboy

Taxboy Active Member

I wouldn't let it get to you. It's no different to any hobby that only the individual gets e.g. train or bus spotting. I don't get collecting numbers of those modes of transport but each to their own. Same with golf I'm in the good walk ruined camp but it's pretty popular

I think your wife is totally correct. If you enjoy detailing and find it relaxing then keep with it. I wouldn't even bother trying to explain it, your neighbour probably wouldn't get it any way.

BTW looks like you've done a good job

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

4. Bristle Hound

Bristle Hound Moderator Staff Member Moderator MQB Platform

BarryG79 likes this.
  5. S32B

I know it shouldn't get to me, but I just felt like telling her where to go! :D and thanks :)

Ohhh I get the "You can do mine as well if you want?" or "You've done a good job there"...I just think 'F-off heard it before' :p

Bristle Hound and BarryG79 like this.
  6. S32B

Ohh justice today :)

I was in the garden cutting the hedge and the same neighbour called me over. "Why has my car paint gone like this Steve?", I went around and had a look, they have a red car which I warned them about the last time they had a red car but they didn't listen!!! it was dull/faded, full of swirls & scratches and looking sh**! I simply said "Because you haven't washed it right, that's why I take my time doing mine" :D changed the subject and came away :p

I could sort it out for them, but I resisted in making the offer :);)

7. JG51 AUD

JG51 AUD Well-Known Member Team Glacier Supercharged TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Gold Supporter Audi S5 Black Edition quattro

Stevie, if I were you, I'd polish a 6 inch square right in the middle of her cars bonnet, just to make it look even worse!!! :whistle2:

JG

8. S32B

Lol yeah and then just say "You can get the entire car like that if you take your time and don't rush it" then walk off :D

9. JG51 AUD

JG51 AUD Well-Known Member Team Glacier Supercharged TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Gold Supporter Audi S5 Black Edition quattro

Sounds like a plan :yes:

JG

S32B likes this.
  10. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group

Many of my neighbours laugh at my efforts, however they would probably be the first in the queue to buy a car from me as they see what work I put into it...

Bristle Hound likes this.
  11. surfer8210

surfer8210 New Member

Let her know that for $450 you can make her car look like “it’s supposed to”..!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

martin1984 and Buxton2901 like this.