Any Idea's how to re-place a 501 in the 3rd brake light ?

Dazboss

Like A Thristy Dingo ;)
Reaction score
Hello all,

Ive got a 501 wedge type bulb out on my 3rd brake light, but how do you remove the surround from the window i dont just wanna yank it offt & break something ?

I have done this a little while ago but can't remember how I got in there I will have a look at my car when i get home "to refresh my memory" and post up some pic's for you.

I do know i had to remove all the plastic trim on the boot lid.

there are several screws around the trim of the tailgate. u have to undo those take off the plastic trim and then u see all off the little bulbs in the middle. replace and ur away.

not done it myself but thats what i saw when my mechanic was doing it. hopefully i havent missed something

Cool, cant see any screws but i'l look into it now :)

Done all fixed,

By the way there not 501 there 286 bulbs 1.2 watt x 10. i replaced all 10 to save effort next time.

was it roughly how i mentioned Daz?

i wish i paid more attention at the time now.

yeah was gonna say replace all of them.....halfords charge £2 each IIRC the robbin shits....you have to unscrew the bottom plastic then pull the top plastic off (out of the clips) and unscrew the light module, pain in the **** job which almost always involves bending the plastic so it no longer sits flush

Think i got mine for 40p each (£2 pound is a joke !!!!)

Sorry forggot to say as above.

The biggest bit with the pull on it was were i was confused. So i just give it a good yank. As for the trim round the outside like Animal said you have to bend the plastic & the clips put up a fight.