Annoying rattles

Scottishpedro

Reaction score
hi all, I'm looking for advice on 2 annoying rattles that have recently developed on my b8.5 S4.

The first seems to be coming from the exhaust, I can create the noise revving at idle but it is worse when driving mainly when slowing down

Please see video:

I bought the car approved used 6 months ago, do you think this is something I might get fixed under warranty?

The second is a vibration type rattle which sounds like it is coming from near the bottom of the passenger door, it only appears when I'm above 60mph, any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Pedro

If car is approved used, then it has a year's warranty. Take it and the video back to Audi. The exhaust rubber supports may have loosened, or it's simply reverberating metal on metal. Door, not sure. Might need door trim to come off to investigate.

hi all, I'm looking for advice on 2 annoying rattles that have recently developed on my b8.5 S4.

The first seems to be coming from the exhaust, I can create the noise revving at idle but it is worse when driving mainly when slowing down

Please see video:

I bought the car approved used 6 months ago, do you think this is something I might get fixed under warranty?

The second is a vibration type rattle which sounds like it is coming from near the bottom of the passenger door, it only appears when I'm above 60mph, any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Pedro

The exhaust rattle is normal and usually comes between 1000-1200 rpms and on stock exhaust. It is usually this honeycomb/mesh grill around downpipes. I used to get on my stock exhaust between here rpms and no issued since I changed over to Milltek

1e7401e53adef249476ed89754926222.jpg

There is however a thread on audizine where people experiencing the same have had few bits - more info in the threads with links below:

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/416067-Annoying-noise-vibration-1050-RPM-with-S-Tronic

https://www.audizine.com/forum/show...vibration-around-1000RPM-whilst-revs-dropping

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/631828-Noticeable-Vibration-1K-RPM-on-Deceleration

Second one I am not too sure tbh. I once drove a car with roof rails and was getting vibrations above 60mph from the back. And I realised it was from the roof rails, which is definitely not bottom of the rear door )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers for the replies guys. I took it to my local dealer who put a claim intp Audi approved used warranty and to their surprise it was rejected, the warranty apparently doesn't cover exhausts.

The exhaust rattle form the centre resonators has been there for a while but seems worse now, its starting to get really annoying. Has anyone had the resonators removed and just had a straight through section fitted? I would like the exhuast a little louder without going too loud?

Cheers in advance

Pedro

I had a rattle from the puddle light on the bottom of my passenger door. It turned out to be the LED pub Lee light strips I’d put in. A bit of hot glue sorted it out.