Alarm keeps going off; Help!

afcbjoshd

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just parked my S3 up on the drive, locked it with the remote and about 30 seconds after I get indoors the alarm goes off. So I unlock it with the remote and relock it. Same again. So I go investigate to make sure there's not something obvious causing it, can't see anything, start the car, switch it off then lock again using the remote. Same. Try the same with the spare key thinking it's the battery in one of the keys going. Then I try locking it with the key in the door. It does the same. And now even if I unlock it with the remote and don't relock it, just leave it open after about a minute the alarm goes off again. It's driving me mad it's gone off about 5 times whilst I've been writing this! Any ideas? And it's flashing the hazards and the siren noise when I say 'the alarm goes off'.

thanks, Josh

Have you checked the boot, bonnet & doors are all closed properly?

Pat

Think this has come up before... alarm battery maybe? the alarm module will log faults and what triggers have set the alarm... scan it with VCDS..

<tuffty/>

check if the interior light is pulsing on and off mine was and it turned out the passengers door lock had a sticking microswitch sprayed it with wd40 and worked it to clear the problem , come back two or three times over four year but wd sorts every time

Rob

I thought when you locked with the key (locked the drivers door) it didn't set the alarm?
Not to sure what else to do, sorry

Pat

The wind mite have lifted the bonnet a little?!? Is it windy? Just a thought

Pat

remove the b pillars (they yank off fairly easy) and disconnect the sonic sensors, sadly if one of them is problematic it can be expensive to replace, this will take you about 5 minutes to test, obviously do what others have suggested too

you are pulling the part off that the seat belt enters right? they are held in by metal clips, can be a pain to remove, but a little brute force or a plastic ice scrapper should help you get some leverage

took it in to APD and Neil scanned it, came up as the interior sensors causing the alarm, removed my hanging air freshners and relocated them... cured. how embarrassing. Other than that no other fault codes. job done.

well. it seems that relocating the hanging air freshners worked for about 2 days, as it's doing it again. A friend scanned with vcds on the weekend and it's the interior sensors that are triggering it. placed ductape over the vents until i can get back to apd and this hasn't worked. Also, i press the turn off interior sensors button on the b pillar drivers side and then lock it and it still goes off.. Ah well it's in for a service and bits tomoz with apd I'll see what they say.. At least it's not as embarrassing as just removing hanging air freshners. That being said, i'd rather it was that!

I have this problem on mine but its to do with the doors.
When you shut the doors, look down the window and check the red door light is not shining of the seat belt bar.
If it is, it means the sensor in the door hasn't triggered correctly.

Press the interior button so it stops them from triggering until you find a fix?

Ahh I just read your post properly.. I need sleep lol