Air con help!

Stu_b7

Reaction score
Hi everyone another day another thing to try and sort on the b7!
So I have had a problem over the last year or 2 with my Air con, I had it regased twice and it seemed to last a month or 2 then nothing I was told on the second time that it was holding and no leaks, after a couple month just barely cold air coming out I now have the Econ light always on and no cold air?
Is this compressor death as I have been quoted £1035 for a new one which seems steep but I have no idea??
Any help would be very much appreciated

Get a UV light in the bay & look for leaks around the compressor, it's probably this which would show due around the whole area & needs replacing, done quite a few B7's & generally it's a whole unit.

I generally supply to clients for about £700, new ones from audi are about £1300 & some aren't available anymore.

It's a bit of a drive but I could replace it for you.

Ok I have just spoken to the garage and if I get a non OEM they are happy to fit it for me as I can get one for about £250 with a 2 year guarantee so will go down that route as that is a massive difference

Be careful as some are refurbs at that price & cause no end of issues, great having a 2 year warranty but the cost of removal, fitting & gassing over & over adds up.

Done 2 B7's recently & had the same conversation with clients.

Just plugged her in to my obdeleven and had this come up so might try this first?
Would this give me the same problems?

Attachments

• 1B1A0F02-7B3F-461E-BFAF-D77F06E9B9AF.png
    1B1A0F02-7B3F-461E-BFAF-D77F06E9B9AF.png
    2 MB · Views: 47
Hi everyone another day another thing to try and sort on the b7!
So I have had a problem over the last year or 2 with my Air con, I had it regased twice and it seemed to last a month or 2 then nothing I was told on the second time that it was holding and no leaks, after a couple month just barely cold air coming out I now have the Econ light always on and no cold air?
Is this compressor death as I have been quoted £1035 for a new one which seems steep but I have no idea??
Any help would be very much appreciated
I think you must get a flashlight and search the air condition circuit for leaks. It is a green liquid.

I have the same problem and the leak is in the front side of the compressor.

Note that when you replace the compressor you must also replace the dryer - filter and clean the whole air condition circuit.

I'm looking for denso, mahle compressors because the original (denso from vw garage) costs over 700€

So update on this very odd problem so had the bumper off yet again, I have changed the pressure sensor but whilst I was changing it I thought I would press in bit on the a:c radiator (like a tyre valve) to see how much pressure there is and there was so little it slowly came to a stop and nothing so it defo needs re filling although it was only done last summer and soon ran out so I must have a leak somewhere but how that didn’t show up when they tested it I have no idea

Also I have had a look around all the pipes and compressor but no green anywhere to be seen so I have no idea! Also no green came out of the a/c radiator valve when I pressed that??

Also I have had a look around all the pipes and compressor but no green anywhere to be seen so I have no idea! Also no green came out of the a/c radiator valve when I pressed that??
The air conditioner does not constantly lose fluids. After using it for about a week I saw a leak from the moment I filled it. If you don't see a leak in the engine compartment then check the pipes behind the engine that go into the chassis