Advice

shrek84

Reaction score
Hi guys, apologies if this has been covered else where, was hoping to get a bit of advice-

Looking at purchasing an Audi A3 Diesel Sportback 2.0 Tdi SE 5dr (Start - Stop) - 2011 reg.

In terms of being able to upgrade lighting (Head lights and rear lights as well as internal lights) - how easy will this be and how expensive? Also is this something Audi themselves can / will do or not?

Likewise, from viewing the car, the interior is more basic then some of the newer models - with regards to upgrading to the more modern aircon / heating units (with the digital displays) - how feesable / expensive would this be?

Any tips of advice would be appreciated - the car itself looks mint but Id just like to bring the cosmetics up to date with a few items of personal choice from newer / upgraded models....

Cheers

The climate control would be very expensive to retrofit, not worth the hassle. Converting the front lights to bright DRL is achievable. Retrofitters such as ash187 and NHN can offer you assistance in this area if you're not confident fitting it yourself. Pretty much every upgrade is do-able providing you have the bank balance for it.

IMHO it will always be cheaper to buy a car with this stuff fitted, but regardless, there is no sensible way to upgrade to climate control from the basic heater/aircon unit.

Reactions: RS3dan
Thanks guys..
It'll come as no great surprise from my post that I'm no expert with cars! I've always wanted an audi and with a new born on the way this was my last proper opportunity to invest before the calls for a 'family car' came in!!

I assumed the climate control wouldn't be as simple as pulling out the old unit and plugging in a new one, sounds like it may not be worth the hassle..

Realistically I'd deffinately like to upgrade some cosmetics to begin - the lights being one - I like the Led dotted Drl for the front lights and something brighter (Presumably xenon?)

Likewise internally, changing the bulbs from standard to Led or something brighter (including dash box, boot and registration lights) - is this going to be as simple as pulling out whats in there and replacing with appropriate LED? Ive read stories of error messages and such......

Finally - the radio that comes with it is as standard - any advice with regards to upgrading this - I like the factory fitted sat nav version on the newer models but I've been struggling to find them, lots of after market ones....

Genuinely appreciate any help that can be thrown my way! I sense when I start I will never finish because I've spent hours reading through forums today and looking at some of the upgrades on here and I must say I just want to make a start on making a change on mine..