Advice on mods

Whodafunk

Reaction score
So I've had my A3 for nearly a month now (2007 3.2 V6 3 door) and I'm looking for some advice on mods I can do to it. I'm sure there are plenty of simple ones out there but I only know of a couple.

I know I want to change the DRLs but don't know which bulbs I should get. The PIAA ones on the sticky thread seem a bit expensive. I also want to change the double DIN Audi concert to a touchscreen unit, so any advice on opinions on which one to go for would be great.

Is there a mod to remove the ashtray cause I won't ever use that?

Cheers

Last edited:
Cheers I'll have a look at them.

Not too bothered about a remap at the moment. I'm more than happy with the 250 horses it came with and don't want to put extra pressure on the gearbox/engine

Anything you want to know about lighting ask @t8ups. You could replace interior and exterior to led. The audi rns-e mk2 with led screen with media button instead of cd/tv. These units take 32GB memory cards and also have the black glossy screen surround. Also if you wanted phone connectivity you'd need the bluetooth module (but this will not stream music wirelessly) Not cheap. Also these units are not touch screen so it depends what you are looking for ? Also there is another unit which is getting good reviews which is the Dynavin. These are touch screen, Play dvd's, has built in bluetooth, satnav and too many more features to list. Have a look here.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dynavin-N...978398?hash=item41835ff5de:g:1UQAAOSw91NTtUyO.

speak to trups/tr8ps on here. I've had all my bulbs off him. All tried & tested on our Audis.
Bulbs I've are: D1S HIDs, LED DRLs, silver indicator bulbs, full interior/number plate LEDs.

As for stereos, I've spent a lot of time researching 2DIN head units. I've got RNS-E and wanted something more modern. Currently awaiting delivery of a "A7037" android unit from IceBox Autos. Its got DAB and dashcam recording as well as gps etc.

Was after a Zenec ZE-NC3131D but they're £700-ish new and got tired of waiting for a decent 2nd hand one for a similar price of these android units.

Dynavin A3 N6 is brilliant. Sound quality is as good as the Concert, if not better, bluetooth built in. More ways of playing your fave toons than you can cope with. If you buy from Auto-Electronics all the better, they are the approved supplier in the UK. Hint-offer £520

Ah yeah looked at dynavin units too. Didn't seem much better spec than the android units half their price. Except maybe they display in DIS?

My rns-e is just the mk1. Will be selling it afterwards, along with 2014 disc, aux in adapter and some 4gb cards known to work with it