Acoustic glass

I remember taking a trip on the M25 near Surrey when the car had only done 500miles and the tyre roar was unacceptable, the road was quite bad but even still!
That stretch of M25 after junction 10 is atrocious, easily the noisiest bit of road I've encountered in the country

Reactions: syed123
@syed123 sounds like my cars going through the same process but I'm quite happy to now know that my car will eventually evolve into the Super silent ninja its destined to be haha.

What engine do you have?

I've got the 272 tdi mythos black with a few extras..adaptive sports, 19 inch v spoke, acoustic glass, b and o,light n tech pack plus piano inlays..
I got it tuned by tdi tuning at around 1500k miles to 320ps 700nm so it's a real beast now! It's done 7 and a bit at the moment and getting better.
I'm averaging around 44mpg on dual carriage ways and it doesn't make much difference whether I'm going 80 or 50.. above 90 and over 100 of course mpg will drop though. Short journeys are around 30mpg max although I've seen 27..
Overall it's outrageous how this engine can reach the sweet spot between economy and performance ( 0 60 is around 4.5 seconds with launch control) yet still be able to be the perfect daily.
I'll upload a video soon of the pov from outside of the LC in action :)
Believe me you won't be disappointed in how your car shapes up once the mileage increases, it will transform!‎

Amazing car mate, gutted I didn't have the budget for the 272 :frown new:

Reactions: syed123
Thanks :) Is ur car quattro? And how much difference was there in price between the 215 n 272? When I ordered my car the list price came up to 46k and when the dealer pricematched the carwow quote they 'accidentally' id say gave me a cheaper price than I could ever expect!
The carwow quote was around 490pm and I got it down to around 440 with an extra 20 added on for the lifeshine. On my agreement the actual list price shows as 35k so I've defo had a very good discount.
Granted, I'm sure many others on this forum agree that the b9 pcp deals have been fantastic for a new model.
On the performance worry, I'm sure the 215 is still more than good enough I mean that v6 engine is special, it purs and purs almost like a bitdi model, u could consider tuning as the potential for that engine is there..‎
What was your list price if u don't mind me asking?

Regarding the glass.... ive found this a4 to have almost no wind noise at all ,even in blustery ,stormy weather,i think the acoustic glass may be making a large contribution here? Sticking with 18 inch wheels also helps to make this a very very refined car...........

Reactions: Jcbmally
@holly35 I agree. Even with a diesel like mine, it's whisper quiet. When I have passengers for the first time, they always end up being astonished at the near complete lack of sound.

And I have 19''s fitted!!

@holly35 I agree. Even with a diesel like mine, it's whisper quiet. When I have passengers for the first time, they always end up being astonished at the near complete lack of sound.

And I have 19''s fitted!!
And its even quieter on the 17"s, acoustic glass option will defo be on my future cars. :wink:

I had an A4 SE Avant courtesy car without acoustic glass and it is noticeably louder than my A4 s-line Avant with privacy/acoustic glass

Yup agreed, having come from a loan avant sport back to my sline saloon with acoustic glass there is a difference...