A4/S4 vs A6 Acoustic Glass / Soundproofing

tonipahnig

Reaction score
Hi,

I currently drive a A6 Avant C8 2019 without accoustic glass (Windshield and sidewindows are thermo - isolating comfort - glass or something (Warmschutzverglasung).

I must say the car is pretty quiet when I drive it on highway (let’s say 140km/h). I listen to the music through the B&O Soundsystem and I love it.

I now want to buy a used A4 or S4 Avant (2021-2022). All cars have windshield in acoustic glass, but not all have acoustic sidewindows.

I wanted to ask:
1. With the acoustic glass in the windshield only (not the sidewindows), would the car be similarly quiet to my A6?
2. Can I install acoustic glass to *all* A4 Avants at an Audi dealership? Is the cost about 300EUR fer sidewindow?

Thanks!

Hi,

I currently drive a A6 Avant C8 2019 without accoustic glass (Windshield and sidewindows are thermo - isolating comfort - glass or something (Warmschutzverglasung).

I must say the car is pretty quiet when I drive it on highway (let’s say 140km/h). I listen to the music through the B&O Soundsystem and I love it.

I now want to buy a used A4 or S4 Avant (2021-2022). All cars have windshield in acoustic glass, but not all have acoustic sidewindows.

I wanted to ask:
1. With the acoustic glass in the windshield only (not the sidewindows), would the car be similarly quiet to my A6?
2. Can I install acoustic glass to *all* A4 Avants at an Audi dealership? Is the cost about 300EUR fer sidewindow?

Thanks!
Hi, what makes the biggest difference on the A4 in my experience is wheel and suspension type. I previously had a A4 s-line 3.0tdi 272 with 19 inch wheels and you got road noise on all but smooth tarmac, I've now a tecknik advant with 17 inch Alloys and comfort dynamic suspension with next to no road noise. I've not driven one with the glass upgrade to side windows.