Accident Repair Expectations... Too fussy?

maui

Reaction score
After being without my A4 for 2 weeks to the day, I finally got it back from an Audi dealership's body repair centre (won't drop names yet) in Sussex. Was in for a scuff accident repair to bumper/light from 3rd party changing lanes into the o/s front of my car :(

First letdown was being told it would be 8-9 days, then contacted on that day to be told it would be longer as they needed to do a radar recalibration where the bumper had been removed for remediation work. Apparently that process takes 4 hours and was waiting for a slot in the service dept!

Car was delivered back today, and to my eye, whilst it's good, it's not what I would consider excellent, and 'as original' before the incident.

There's what looks to be an imperfection, and the smoothness between bumper / wing joins and the headlight are just not how they are 'as new'. Someone buying with a 'keen eye' would know there's been an accident repair there imo. There's also a noticeable feel around the parking sensor's rubber grommet protruding out vs. others, and the icing on the cake is a small ding/mark on the drivers door that I am sure was not there before it went in.

Difficult to picture with all the glare. My concern, which I expressed when I called the lease company to report it was that if my expectations are 'too high' and i'm just being fussy, vs. what the lease companies expectations are as they effectively own the vehicle.
Was re-assured from them that they will take my word if the car is not in the same condition as before the accident and will escalate back to bodyshop. Was curious on how others feel, as I know there are plenty of owners on here who's expectations would probably exceed mine!

Biggest downer is having to be without it again for another period of time. Really missed not being able to drive it, as any hire car you get never has the same 'toys' that mine has (driver assist predominately). Will wait to see what lease company says as they are escalating as I type this.

Paint Imperfection:
IMG 0814

Bulge where bumper meets light, and is not a uniform gap along bottom of headlight:
IMG 0816

Hard to see / picture but just not smooth on the join between wing/bumper
IMG 0815

If you aren't happy and the car isn't a the same level it was from the factory then you have every right to complain. However if its a lease then does it really matter? I guess that appears two side but, at the end of day it is totally up to you.
I think, if its eastbourne audi approved bodyshop, I might know who you mean. I had a quote from them to repair a dent in my a3's bumper and it was well over £3k. Needless to say I got it done locally for £400 but I could see the repair...

Agree @cuke2u - Hence why I said to them I am happy to go by whatever they consider acceptable.

Not that side of Sussex ;) Probably narrows it down somewhat.

Dealership asked me to take it over, went through it with bodyshop manager and they are going to rectify.

Have provided me with a ‘18 Q3 TFSI - which is nice enough to drive! Certainly better than the Merc!

Reactions: Happy Grumpz
I had a Q3 as a loaner, hated it was like driving a ****** tank. Goods news that they seem like they want you to be satisfied with the repair...