Abs and Eps Light

sniperlover

Reaction score
Good afternoon,my fellow audi owners...i have got an 2002 a4 1.8t and i am sorry to say its time for me to part with it.:bye: but dont know what to get next,still want a four door saloon but still confused.Maybe you guys can help.

Secondly yesterday when i was driving i notice the abs and the esp light came on but when i switch off the engine and start the egine the light goes off,But when im driving again and brake the lights come back on.And my brake lights are not coming on at all.Can someone please help.

Could be brake light switch and the dash EPS and ABS lights are some sort of warning about the switch not working????

something very similar hapened on my MK4 Golf and £12 later and a new switch and all was well again.

Do you know anyone with VAG-Com to get your car checked out?

yer faulty brake light sensor, happened on mine. cheap fix ull be glad to hear

mine started doing the same yesterday, abs and esp lights on after driving a mile then they reset when ignition is turned of

bmw 3 series.

Evilscotsman thanks for the reply.I live down south and everyone has got the bmw 3 series but wouldn't mind the new 2008 bmw 335i,its fully loaded hahaha.but i am thinking towards the bmw 530d sport not sure yet.

hehe - thats where im heading. but 330 or 335d sport coupe - less weight, same power, stylish looks.

lol

it is located under the steering wheels by where the vag.com is connected. im no mechanic but when it happened on mine a couple years back i watched the mechanic replace the sensor, it was a 5min fix. sorry i cant be more specific

Bit OT but i was out in my mates E36 M3 the other day and i dont really think i like the power delivery.

Its all revs and the engine does comparatively little until about 5-6krpm which makes it more hard work to drive. Having a turbo really changes the power delivery, you've got all your power delivered at 4k and it seems to be much more tractable.

I guess a larger capacity NA lump would be better still, ie a V8 or something, but highly tuned NA lumps just dont do it for me.

aye me neither mate, im talkin about the 6cyl TDi versions, not the petrol ones :)