A4 owners for Audi Driver?

NBirkitt

Reaction score
Neil Birkitt here, on behalf of Audi Driver magazine

Our reporter Peter Noad wants to get in touch with A4 owners regarding your impressions of ownership, to accompany an owners profile in the next issue of Audi Driver

Unfortunately he is now on a very tight schedule

If it is at all possible for any A4 owners to supply a photo of your car and provide some firsthand comments about it, within the next day or so, could you email ( not PM ) me directly to: Neil.Birkitt@autometrix.co.uk

Please let me have your contact details / Tel. No. etc and a brief resume of your car

Not just modified / show examples, even high-mileage ordinary everyday drivers are just as interesting

We look forward to hearing from you :) Please email not PM

regards

Neil Birkitt

Neil.Birkitt@autometrix.co.uk

Neil,

I dont know if he wants to hear what most of us think about the 1.8T engined cars! Its screaming out for a magazine to colate all the data and take Audi to task on it, just do a search for "engine oil sludge" or "my engines gone pop!" They dont want to know about it and just dismiss it.

Dougie

Most of us? :wacko:

Change your oil every 10k with a quality synthetic and you'll never get any issues.

BUB :beerchug:

My 1.8t has full audi service history and engine went pop costing me over £3k to fix. So that means either Audi uses rubbish oils or your idea of changing the oil at 10k isn't a solution.

i personally wouldnt leave any oil in my engine for 10k, and leaving some cheap oil in there for 10k could easily cause the issues mentioned. Mine gets changed every 5k, and its manky when it comes out...

This isnt the proper place to be discussing that though!

i personally wouldnt leave any oil in my engine for 10k, and leaving some cheap oil in there for 10k could easily cause the issues mentioned. Mine gets changed every 5k, and its manky when it comes out...

I did say quailty synthetic :thumbsup:

What I should've said was 10k or once a year, 10k is fine for a modern synthetic oil. It's the 18k+ or 2 years that worry me with cars on AVS.:no: If a wrong or cheap oil is used that's when the problems start.

aragorn said:

Indeed :thumbsup:

BOT, I'd love to feature in Audi Driver but TBH with my car being 4 and having covered just 25k I doubt I'd be much use to the article! Suffice to say it's been perfect hasn't missed a beat and the only issue was a new AC compressor after 2 years (AVS1) because I and the Audi tech' felt it was noisy.

FYI I change my oil once a year.

BUB :kissmyrings: