A4 B6 1.8T SPORT Alarm Dead

S

Scottamdaddy

Hi guys I'm hoping that some one might be able to help me or point me in the right direction,

after having a look at a lot of posts and threads re. the alarm and how they die due to the batteries leaking ect, well I thought tonight I would tackle it and have a look why mine wasn't working...... and yep like every one else with the same issue the batteries had leaked rendering the alarm siren dead as a dodo.

there is no chance to try and attempt to fix this one as the board it ****** the tracks and other parts on it are destroyed...

however getting to the point now I don't really want to replace it with a Audi alarm siren again not because I don't trust or like them just because of cost. I have seen a couple on eBay around the £50 mark and below but I was wondering could I replace it with an aftermarket unit with a back up batteries and just splice the wires to it.

having a small amount of experience with alarms and cars I understand there is a + a - and a trigger line however with previous alarms the trigger line is live until the alarm sounds and the trigger cuts the power, does any one know if this is the case with these cars or do they work the other way round. I cant test as I don't have a multi meter atm some one is borrowing it and don't want to wait around till I get it back

Thanks in advanced for your help guys and gals