A4 Avant Sport buying advice

enerjay

New to A4's
Reaction score
Hi,

New to the forum and looking to buy a 6 Speed A4 (B6) Avant 130 Sport, i have noticed a few B7's (55 plate) for sale with the 1.9 engine which all look like they are 115's, so does anybody know if there are any 55 plate 130's on the road.

Not sure matey.but i know the b7 does not share the same 1.9 as the b6s.there slightly different.dont ask me what lol.
B6 all the way!!! :cool: Audi edit1

Do you mean 55 plate B6 130's? I'm not sure, I believe that the last B6's are 54 plates, but I could be wrong!

B6 all the way x2
4cee171e6375c6eac294354e8d7c11bf.jpg

B7 never came with the 130 PD engine as far as Im aware. And latest B6 ive seen is a 54 plate.

Oh and B6 all the way x3 lol

20141226_133358_zpsunyp1rnd.jpg

The B7 1.9 tdi is only 115bhp as it was the phase in period to attract people to the 2.0 tdi 140bhp...........but those early 2.0tdi engine are not good in my opinion.

This was one of the reasons why I went B6 in the end, but mainly because I like the GMBH kit on the last ones like mine.............but you could remap the B7 1.9 to get about 150bhp if you prefer the face lift.

B6 all the way............unless it is a B7 RS4 lol (my next car for sure!)

Mine is a 54 plate although in my V5 its down as being produced in 2005. Think the 04 plate is as late as you're gonna get!

Same here, and when ordering parts always shows as 2004.

Mine is 54 plate b6 but it dose have the 115 brake
Mine has to be put in computer as 2005 and it dosent have the vacume operated egr it's electronic and a few other different things

Last edited:
I came across one 55 plate b6 when looking for mine, but it was stupidly overpriced because of its reg.

From what I could see the number on the plate was the only difference from my 54 plate, so if I was you I wouldn't bother searching for them.

Reactions: barkclark
M
115bhp werent sports?
mine is a factory sport came with kit rnse heated fronts and rear leather full body kit blinds door blades fridge solar sunroof sport leather dis fully electric seats trust me it's a 115 sport bke engine code pics are before I put s4 bumpers on it

Last edited:
i wasnt saying it wasnt hence the ? ...i just thought all sports diesels were 130's i admit i was wrong

RNSE must be a retro fit as it has a different canbus and a quadlock connection that the B6 never had.

Sport leather was also an option from factory for SE, but the B7 115php 1.9 TDI did have an S-Line as my mate had one.

54 to 55 plates were an odd time for the A4

RNSE must be a retro fit as it has a different canbus and a quadlock connection that the B6 never had.

Sport leather was also an option from factory for SE, but the B7 115php 1.9 TDI did have an S-Line as my mate had one.

54 to 55 plates were an odd time for the A4
Rnse was from factory as for the canbus and quad lock that might explain why it has to be put in as 2005 at the dealers for the computer to recognise it

Last edited:
i wasnt saying it wasnt hence the ? ...i just thought all sports diesels were 130's i admit i was wrong
I did till I got mine I though they would all be 130s
And as said I think 54 was a mix and mash year for the b6

Last edited:
Thanks for all your replies.

As Mike.M says the B7 only came with a 115 unit, check the wiki link below and scroll down to the engines section

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_A4#B7

So after a lot of pratting about i'm now the proud owner of a 6 speed 54 plate B6 Avant Sport 130 (AVF) with 117K on the clock complete with a nice bit of oil coming out of the EGR valve, hopefully just a seal but prob not knowing my luck lol

I would post a pic but with the downpour we had the other day it's looking filthy

Well done!

Common issue oil weeping from egr. If its leaking from a hole its knackerd. You could clean it but it always leaks again.
I just deleted it ready for the remap.