A4 2.7 TDI?

Wolfsburger

Reaction score
Hello, just popped over from the A3 forum.

Does anybody know if the 2.7 TDI engine from the A6 will make it to the A4?

My Father has a 2.7TDI A6 and it`s fantastic but I just don`t want a car of that size, I`d have thought it would be easy enough and as the 2.5 TDI is a bit dated now the 2.7 would appear logical....wouldn`t it?

Any ideas?

They could do with it, the 2.7tdi is back to common rail rather than the PD engine so alot smoother.

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt it. You get the A4 with either the 2.0TDi or the 3.0TDi engine. I can't see them slotting a 2.7TDi in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I know...............but the A6 also has the option of 2.0, 2.7 and 3.0 diesel engines.

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt it. You get the A4 with either the 2.0TDi or the 3.0TDi engine. I can't see them slotting a 2.7TDi in.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can also get the 2.5 but FWD only.

Also had a look at the German Audi website. 2.7 is available there. Plus you can get the 2.0 with Quattro and the 3.0 is available as the 233PS version.

they are releasing a 170 bhp version of the 2.0 so same as the 2.7, doubt they will fit it over here tbh.

[ QUOTE ]
they are releasing a 170 bhp version of the 2.0 so same as the 2.7, doubt they will fit it over here tbh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will it make it into the A4 though? I suspect that Audi might prefer the refinement of a V6 over the 4.

i suspect that they might well fit the
2.0 140 as entry model
2.0 170
3.0 233
and the v8 diesel at some point

did you say v8 diesel? mmmmmmmm, yummmmmy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/heart.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

I reckon they will save the V8 Diesel for the B8 models, they are completely redesigning the weight distribution and you may get away with that heavy lump in one of those.

Good find, I was looking for that article before, I knew we had been discussing this on tyresmoke, more so about the fact the 3.0tdi was getting a boost to 233PS the same as the A6, but knew I had seen the article and thought I was going mad when I couldn't find it.