A3 to S3 Replica

Dan A3_

Reaction score
Whats the first few main things to make my A3 Sline look like a S3 ?

I have already put the Bi-Xenon Headlights in.

Black roof.

Ordered Chrome Mirror Covers.

Ordered S3 Badges.

Not to worried about the interior just the exterior first.

Becuase i cannot afford a S3 and with a few changes i can make my sline look the same. As there is not to much difference between them as for an rs3 there is a dramatic difference

Becuase i cannot afford a S3 and with a few changes i can make my sline look the same. As there is not to much difference between them as for an rs3 there is a dramatic difference

It's a personal choice and there are a number of people here who can help you plus those who've done similar builds.

The last part of your statement however isn't right in anything other than appearance but I'm guessing that is what you're getting at.

Do be careful of costs....it's easy to throw a lot of money at this sort of thing and end up spending the sort of money that could have gone toward the car you're emulating.

Reactions: Dan A3_ and pburv
It's a personal choice and there are a number of people here who can help you plus those who've done similar builds.

The last part of your statement however isn't right in anything other than appearance but I'm guessing that is what you're getting at.

Do be careful of costs....it's easy to throw a lot of money at this sort of thing and end up spending the sort of money that could have gone toward the car you're emulating.
Well said Alex.
If it was my car I would put the money towards getting the performance to match an S3.
Good luck with your build Dan and upload pics when you are done:racer:

Reactions: Dan A3_ and mister.c.
I always thought all you had to do was put the badges on and a spoiler and voila an 8P S3,unlike the previous incarnation

Reactions: Dan A3_ and S3Alex
well if you've got a blk edtn, exterior wise, wouldint you need s3 front bumper+grill,s3brake calipers,side skirts,rear bumper/diffuser also chrome mirrors :hubbahubba: post pics when your done

Reactions: Dan A3_
Cheers for the msg

Yh just the exterior for now as i fully know what i need for the interior , flat bottom steering wheel, pedals, ect ect

I will most likely be not fully converting it to an S3 just a few low priced extras to make it look the part.

Next year i should be getting a Real S3 but in the mean time (plus when sell it) should have more appeal.

Complete front bumper

Complete rear bumper

Side skirts

Badges

Should be about it for the exterior.

Reactions: Dan A3_
well if you've got a blk edtn, exterior wise, wouldint you need s3 front bumper+grill,s3brake calipers,side skirts,rear bumper/diffuser also chrome mirrors :hubbahubba: post pics when your done

Yh its black edtn

Ordered mirrors. Jst the body kit that will b pricy , anyone know where to go for it and price around?..

Well said Alex.
If it was my car I would put the money towards getting the performance to match an S3.
Good luck with your build Dan and upload pics when you are done:racer:

Cheers mate appreciated.

Reactions: pburv
Sorry if my reply was a bit arsey, wasn't intentional. I understand getting it to the finish/looks of the S3 but wouldn't get the badges, but each to their own. I am trying to get hold of the difusser so I can get twin tail pipes myself.

Good luck!!

Reactions: Dan A3_ and S3Alex
Wasn't arsey at all.

Nice! Prefer twin than single anyday!