A3 Satnav - SD Card

scottkeene

Reaction score
Hi,

Hope this is the right forum for this.

Here goes.

I have an A3 Sportback and the SatNav SD card is for 2013 MMI Navigation (MIB-S). This is obviously old and I'm looking to update it.

On eBay I have seen 2016 versions, but it includes MIS-HS in the title. What does the HS mean? Would that matter and work in my car?

Thanks!

Hi @scottkeene - what year is your A3? The satnav in the A3 8P requires a DVD, not an SD card. If your A3 is >2012 then you'll have the 8V, if you repost your question in the 8V forum they'll help you out.

Cheers

Hi,

Hope this is the right forum for this.

Here goes.

I have an A3 Sportback and the SatNav SD card is for 2013 MMI Navigation (MIB-S). This is obviously old and I'm looking to update it.

On eBay I have seen 2016 versions, but it includes MIS-HS in the title. What does the HS mean? Would that matter and work in my car?

Thanks!

Hi, from what I've read it's not as easy as just putting a newer version SD card in. The SD cards are somehow 'paired' to the car apparently. I have 2013 maps too & would like to update mine but looking at what audi might charge I'm happy to appear to drive through a field when I come across a new section of motorway, haha!

I've tried to update using the SD card approach. Formatted the card, downloaded the files onto the card through my connect. Insert the card recognised for a split second and then remains 'greyed' out. The files of the card aren't as described as above. There is the text files, but no Mi folders, something along the lines of Eggnog and something like DB. Any clues what is going on?

You cannot update sd card based navigation without purchasing a newer sd navigation card then have a dealership activate it to the car. Costs around £500 and there us noway around it..

You cannot update sd card based navigation without purchasing a newer sd navigation card then have a dealership activate it to the car. Costs around £500 and there us noway around it..
As stated above SD card based navigation updates require a new SD to be purchased and then it be activated / paired to your vehicle via the VW Group diagnostic application. Pricing is a little cheaper than £500 however as this would be the approx price for both the activation of the navigation feature and the navigation data SD card, you would only need the navigation data. Expect to pay approx £350.00.

Here in Denmark the price is 310£ Including installation and usually everything is a bit more expensive here.

I was able to find the product on the danish audi website but not the UK one.

Part number is here is: 8W0060866R

Gentlemen thanks for all your sage advice and wisdom. Oh the joys of buying into a premium brand....

There must be someone surely who can code in a sat nav card considering people can code in things like virtual cockpit?