A3 2.0tdi 170 issue

Fuzz26

Reaction score
Hello

I’ve got a 2.0tdi 170 Quattro
A few weeks ago I had a dpf issue and car was in limp mode whilst I was on holiday when I got home I had a re gen done on it

Yesterday I took the car out and a couple of times at low Revs ( below 1700rpm ) there was a delay on power for 1-2 seconds then over 2000rpm was ok it happened a 3-4 times then was ok

I tested it a few times earlier today and in 2nd 3rd gear it done it a few times then was fine

Tonight I took it out again but didn’t happen

Can anyone help ?

Could be many things. What year is the car?

Could be still a DPF thing. When was the fuel filter last changed?

Could be an injector thing. Depending on the year, the Siemens injectors on the 170s had issues and should have been swapped on a recall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It’s a 2007
The fuel filter was changed a start of July when was serviced

Was told by a friend maybe a dpf issue
Was thinking of doing a dpf delete sometime

It is regularly said that the pre-common rail 170HP 2.0 TDIs were a little sensitive to DPF issues

Yep the DPF can be troublesome. Even with regens for a 2007 the levels will be getting close to needing gutting/replacing/deleting. As an aside though worth checking with Audi that your injectors have been done.

It’s a 2007
The fuel filter was changed a start of July when was serviced

Was told by a friend maybe a dpf issue
Was thinking of doing a dpf delete sometime

Dpf delete will fail mot.

Do you think then that a dpf delete would this

I’ve spoken to Audi and injectors have been done

I think realistically a scan from a friendly VCDS owner near to you would be best to see what the car thinks is wrong...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello

I’ve got a 2.0tdi 170 Quattro
A few weeks ago I had a dpf issue and car was in limp mode whilst I was on holiday when I got home I had a re gen done on it

Yesterday I took the car out and a couple of times at low Revs ( below 1700rpm ) there was a delay on power for 1-2 seconds then over 2000rpm was ok it happened a 3-4 times then was ok

I tested it a few times earlier today and in 2nd 3rd gear it done it a few times then was fine

Tonight I took it out again but didn’t happen

Can anyone help ?
Sounds like you were launching the car and when it reached around 1800rpm there was fuel cut momentarily? When was the last time you changed the diesel fuel filter?

It was replaced a month ago

Taking it to be plugged in but the mechanic reckons will be the egr

It was replaced a month ago

Taking it to be plugged in but the mechanic reckons will be the egr

I suspect because you have a 170 Quattro the engine code is BMN 2006-2008- the majority of dpf deletes include an EGR Delete so I don’t think the EGR will be your root cause.