A3 1.5L TFSI Jerking

Where and what indication light do you get when it's running on 2 cylinders?
I have the fuel economy display in the Rev counter. This shows instantaneous and average trip mpg on a horizontal bar: it also shows when the car is using regen. In a previous discussion in this forum we worked out that the 8Y indicates 2 cylinder mode within this display by turning the normally grey bar completely green.

IIRC there’s also a fuel economy display that you can select in the area between the tacho and speed dials, that shows a textual indication when two cylinder mode is active (not available if the aforementioned option is selected).

Last edited:
Reactions: SteveF1
I went on a 15 mile journey today and I only saw the 2 cylinder notification on the dash once in that time. It's the first time I've actively looked for it and had that particular screen on the dash.

I was shocked at how little ACT kicks in but pretty much rules it out as the cause of the kangarooing.

Reactions: AdamInKent
I have the fuel economy display in the Rev counter. This shows instantaneous and average trip mpg on a horizontal bar: it also shows when the car is using regen.
Have you, or anyone here, manage to diplay instataneous MPG not as a horizontal bar, but as numbers fluctuating? Understand that the 'since start' and 'long term' mpg would be displayed in numbers.