A cheap run around?

Lee172

GT3071
Reaction score
Since going BT on my s3 i now see it as more of a weekend toy rather than a every day car. Do any of you guys have other cars that you use? Im on the look out for a cheap diesel but dont know what to get??

My Mrs used to have an Arosa 1.4 TDi, then a Lupo Sport. Both were cheap to run, cheap to insure and 'fun' in the vaguest sense of just bombing about town. SEAT Ibiza Mk4 TDi Sport/FR is also cheap and fun but suspension is tragic and the brakes are too small.

Any partcular budget?

Probably under 1500-2k, but there is a 7 year old and a large dog that needs to go in the back! :sm4: At the moment myself and the mrs use a fiat punto 1.2 which is 'ok' but its becoming more and more like the s3, constantly needs some sort of attention! could do with a diesel really. The seat ibiza maybe an option, didnt think of that one.

If you have a dog and a child why are you looking at tiny hatches?

Bin the punto and get yourself a diesel A4 estate or Passat or similar.

I have my trusty Mk2 Golf :)

Although not so good for a small family lol... I was looking at A2's... they are quite cheap now and come as a 1.4tdi like the Arosa etc but have a bit more room in them..

<tuffty/>

I have a Cordy 16v(and prior to that an Ibiza 8v) - that I use as a runaround for supermarket, tip, gym etc. It also doubles as my trackday car.

Both would be too small. How about an Octavia Estate?

If you have a dog and a child why are you looking at tiny hatches?

Bin the punto and get yourself a diesel A4 estate or Passat or similar.

Something that size would be good but she won't drive anything bigger than a hatchback

They are pretty much the only two things i need to care about, has to be small and has to be a diesel.

Mk4 golf tdi / ibiza tdi are good but don't know if the ibiza is too small or not, mind you we have managed in the punto thus far.

Last edited:
Cordoba Vario / Polo Estate?

Not the prettiest, and SEAT will be cheapest.

What about a mini scooter!!!
As you you nO good on rollerblades
Propa cheap And you'd save the world single handed

Probably under 1500-2k, but there is a 7 year old and a large dog that needs to go in the back! :sm4: At the moment myself and the mrs use a fiat punto 1.2 which is 'ok' but its becoming more and more like the s3, constantly needs some sort of attention! could do with a diesel really. The seat ibiza maybe an option, didnt think of that one.

Buy my other Audi http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/sale-w...di-a4-avant-1-8t-sport-re-mapped-mot-tax.html

Great for the dog and the kids whilst still being fun and practical at the same time ! :)

My Mrs has a Mk1 ford Ka and I use to go to the shops and use when i'm playing football they are really cheap to run and repair!