AA screw up, towed my quattro on a spec frame.

2.0 8v

Evolving Perspective.
Reaction score
Car lost coolant on the motorway over the weekend, small problem, coolant temp sensor housing, 12 euro part. No big deal. Car was towed over a hundred miles on a spec lift, big problem! Towing agent also ripped off the lower front spoiler, damaged the bumper, burnt a hole in the right hand front tyre, through the wire, canvas and left a 2 inch hole, l/h front is also flat spotted. Not happy, anybody else have a similar experience?:(

I feel a very big claim coming on ,
centre diff may also be mullerd as well as everything else
i take it the muppet didnt know it was a four wheel drive car .

Oh dear!!
I would insist that the transmission is fully checked out at the main dealers - as well as all the other faults put right.
I used to own a garage and recovery business - so I am aware that all 4wds should only be moved on a full lift i.e. a transporter or a slide bed.
I presume the recovery was carried out on behalf of a club - i.e. AA, RAC, Green Flag etc. In which case, I would get in touch with them if any objection is raised by the recovery operator.
Please let us know what happens, and how your claim is dealt with.
What a fiasco!!

The Fu**wit should have known. Did you tell the AA man( AKA *****) that your car was quattro, make em pay the full wack.

I had same problem when my A4 Avant Quattro was broadsided by a 40 tonne juggernaught on the M25. Complete passenger side was trashed. Front lower bumper was fine, but was damaged by the car transfer company which transferred my car back up north. All sorted by the transfer companies insurance !

Oh dear, I feel a Nig claim coming on, keep us updated

Sound like your gonna get some nice new parts fitted soon....What a kn*b though the AA guy :noway:

It's bad that the guy didn't look under or ask you.

I have gotten so paranoid i tell anmyone that i hand my car to she's quattro now, Mot man, Tracking guy etc. I see from this I was right to be paranoid

Make sure the centre diff is checked out as torsion diffs do not like being wound up like that

just a quick question, we all know that you cant do a suspended tow on the quatros but would there be any issues towing them on an A frame where all 4 wheels are on the road?