Thumb's up for PowerTec

FumaS3

Reaction score
Hi guys not posted in age's due to having naff all to post about.but today i went down to AMDessex and got a powertec SL1000 induction kit over the counter for £129 very good value i thought and i was right. not only is this bolt on mod easy to fit once you get the idear i had a mate talk me though and help show where the nuts and bolts you got to losen off are as he already has a K&N filter. but the change in sound and performance are great i wasnt sure i would notice it but i did and hay its a tad chavy but you do get the sound of a blow off valve to some extent also so any one looking for a induction kit for your S3 i can recamend this one its awsome.

again for those that dont no me sorry for spelling and grammer i suck at such things

u get that whoost sound from all induction kits. Its just the air being recirced by the DV and echoing down the pipe.

i like the chrome look on the powertec though.

carbonio is still the best :whistle2:

ill get some pics up asap and yea my friends k&n also makes the sound so i guessed as much about the sound.
would like to make the dump loader so might need to increase boost pressure lol

Wouldve been good to see before and after plots at amd to see if there was any recordable increase.

amd say its 8-12bhp i think m8 as the powertec kit they sell is designed for the s3 not just any car.or so they say on there site. this is the advert.

POWERTEC SL1000 INDUCTION KIT

Part Number: PT02-06K

Every Powertec induction kit has been specifically developed for your vehicle. It is not simply a universal filter, but a tailored induction system.

Each kit includes a comprehensive fitting kit, a set of full colour instructions, a cut-vinyl Powertec sticker and of course the Powertec cone itself.

The pleated stainless steel mesh utilised on all Powertec filters change turbulent airflow on the outer surface of the filter to laminar (straight) airflow on the inside. This laminar air flow helps larger volumes of air enter your engine, for improved performance.

The less restriction a filter gives, the higher the airflow. The more airflow, the more power!
Up to + 8 - 12bhp and 8 -12lbs/ft im guessing thats after a remap to get the most out of it tbh

if i funnal more air to the filter will this increase the usefulness of it or will the fact it has the direct air already on it mean its getting most out of it