2010 S3 Concert Radio - aftermarket ipod integration

Lex696

Reaction score
I heard the audi oem ipod option does not allow track display and has playlist issues where if you do not have rns-e, its basically worthless - so I did not spec it.

SO to save cash I thought there must be an aftermarket solution where I can connect, charge and play songs, WITH steering controls and track display.

Is this possible with 2010 Concert?

I founs this:

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/10923/referer/rc_googleproduct.html

also this:

http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/product.php?productid=99&cat=4&page=1

does the concert III (which i assume is the one i'll have on a 2010 s3) display track title? how does the display appear as its a button system? is it music, playlists, genre etc like ipod or track 1, 2, 3 like the cd changer? and the steering controls? i emailed them but wondered if anyone else has one.....

i have the symphony 6 cd unit with bt and ipod connection fitted as standards on my 2010 a3, as mentioned above i only get track numbers and 5 play lists up to 99 tracks, is there any ad on i can use to display artist/album/play list details??

hi philip

I'm about to order a suzuka s3 SB! just finalizing my spec. took my dad to the showroom yesterday and when he saw phantom black he gave me the old - "2 grand for exclusive paint! get rns-e instead" etc, but i live i cyprus so i reckon in the sun it would be ace. whats it really like? is it too similar to ibis?

re: ipod i spoke to a place who does the adaptors and you wont get track details any other way than rnse+ipod.

I am thinking of removing the concert and putting a double din touchscreen unit - will it work with bose still?

The only interface that displays any track information in the DIS only is the Dension gateway 100 CAN, the concert will never show track information.

cheers craig. i was wondering whether aftermarket units would work with the bose connector as i have read some threads where there have been issues

has it got a special jack?

I've got the Concert III head unit and yes, the iPod integration is pants! The one, not very documented feature is that it will play MP3s off a CD, it even allows you to browse through folders and shows trackname, album info etc if the MP3 has them. I've not found an upper limit on the amount of tunes you can have on a CD yet either.

Not an ideal solution but it's a very tidy workaround, especially with full track info through the Concert and on the DIS and with the MFSW.

I've got the Concert III head unit and yes, the iPod integration is pants! The one, not very documented feature is that it will play MP3s off a CD, it even allows you to browse through folders and shows trackname, album info etc if the MP3 has them. I've not found an upper limit on the amount of tunes you can have on a CD yet either.

Not an ideal solution but it's a very tidy workaround, especially with full track info through the Concert and on the DIS and with the MFSW.

i think that will indeed be the short term fix. do you know how to structure the folders?

I just burn them onto a CD with a folder for each album, and the head unit seems to figure out (either from the filename or MP3 tag) what order they should play in. It has a fairly decent "browse" function as well for navigating through your folders using the knob on the front or your steering wheel control.

Oddly, its also the only stereo I've ever had that reads CD-TEXT compact disks as well!

cool. so in fact its burning a data cd rather than an mp3 cd then? coz in itunes for example you burn mp3 rather than audio, it just fits more on, but data cd will allow folders. so just album/playlist name then there is a subfolder - heck i'll work it out when it arrives :)

Yep, I missed that bit - do it as a data CD. I just drag folders of MP3s into a Finder window on my Mac and hit burn. I don't let iTunes get involved!