Engine Cover and DV

KRL

Reaction score
Received Daivie's ready trimmed engine cover through the post yesterday so fitted it today. Very pleased with the results and think my bay looks a lot more tidy now :)

IMG_1714.jpg

IMG_1719.jpg

Also fitted the OEM D revision DV. Its not made any difference to performance as my existing C revision DV had no tears in it however hopefully this DV will last better with it not having a rubber diaphragm.

Last edited:
Apologies for asking but what's the difference between now and before?

The airbox has basically been cut out of the engine cover so that it will fit with my Twintake.

doh! I was meant to get mine trimmed at my mate's garage yesterday when i got my fog light surround duct made. have to do it next time.

lm liking this. l am going for the twintake and still have my cover. you also saved me £50 as l was away to get the version d DV.

Cheers chaps,

I am wondering if I should carbon wrap the white bit of the engine cover so it would then match the air filter cannisters of the Twintake. What do you think? Or would that look a little tacky?

Anybody able to photoshop that for me?

Last edited:
I think it will look good :o.k:

plus i guess , if you dont like it you can remove the sticker and clean up?

Cheers chaps,

I am wondering if I should carbon wrap the white bit of the engine cover so it would then match the air filter cannisters of the Twintake. What do you think? Or would that look a little tacky?

Anybody able to photoshop that for me?

speak to s3 dan over on www.vagoc.co.uk he is planning on doing the same and im sure he would sort you out

For what it's worth, I wouldn't put the carbon fibre on the engine cover - I don't think it would look right.

It looks perfect the way it is the carbon wrap may be too over the top.

looks wicked, gotta do this myself i think.... i think leave it....