What Michelin Pilot sports to get?

Mattjbradbury

Reaction score
I've got the choice between Michelin Pilot sport and Michelin Pilot sport 3. They're around the same price - what are the best ones to get? From what i can gather the pilot sport are assemetric where as the 3's aren't. Does this make them better?

I can't beat kwikfit on price either. Blackcircles, etyres, etc are all more expensive

My tyre size is 225/40/R18

Cheers guys, any tyre knowledge would help me out.

Oh contrary to the pic i do have the 18's RSTT's on now - hence the tyres size above! I'll change the pic when i have a sec!!

I had PS2's on my car when I first got it and the grip was quite frankly amazing... I have not been able to justify the expense of getting them for my RSTT's as yet but now I have a second car my S3 is going to be doing less miles each year and I am leaning towards PS3's.

Michelin suggest that they have more grip and wear better than PS2's... try www.camskill.co.uk for tryes too... around the 120/130 mark IIRC...

<tuffty/>

Ivegot the ps3's on my fronts and ps2 on rears. I read in Audi driver mag that they had improved the wet grip. This was the main reason I bought them. Great tyres

Cheers, Think i'm going to go for the PS3's. Cheers guys. Got some budget ones on at the min (tyres that came with the RSTT's i bought) and road noise is awful! I'm hoping the PS3's will be a lot better with road noise! presumably they will be...

Had PS3 fitted to the car all roundover the weekend to replace the goodyear eagle F1 that the previous owner had. They are noticeably more grippy in the wet. Expensive though.