Oil slick under where my car was parked...

its_neil

Reaction score
Hey again, my 2nd question of the evening, just got an 02 S3 and generally very pleased.

I live on residents parking and I spotted earlier that there was a rather large oil slick under where my car was parked that looked pretty fresh, now I had a feel underneath and the bottom of the car doesn't seem overly oily, the DIS isn't moaning and the dipstick isn't far under the MAX level. I rotated my car in the parking bay and have stuck a tray under it just in case so I can see if it *is* my car or the car that was parked there before.

Where would the car most likely dump oil from if it was my car? would the computer moan at me? any more buttons I could press that would inform me all is OK?

Sorry for the rather panicy question, seeing a slick under your new pride and joy is rather shocking!

-- N

from what you have said i doubt it yours, too dark to be poking around the bay looking for leaks now

i would advise you to sit tight and check it in the morning, if you gotta use it tonight check your oil dipstick everywhere you go, dont rely on the warning to come up on the dis as by then generally the damage has already been done

could be steering fluid which isn't major

It's deffo oil as I can smell it on my fingers ;)

Don't have to use the car tonight but I'll be watching it like a hawk the next couple of days.

lol good man

you done the best thing by putting a tray underneath it and leaving it overnight, all will become clear in the morning:icon_thumright:

I guess cause I've only had the car a couple of days I'm a bit jumpy!

Gearbox oil maybe, allways seem to have different smell to engine oil.