Back tyre wear!

StevoS3

Reaction score
Was just walking up to the back of my car earlier and noticed the inner back tyres are wearing pretty bad compared to the rest of the tyre.

Maybe explain my handling issues...

Whats the best thing to do to make sure my cars straight??

yeah its 40mm all round, any idea how much the alignment will cost?

I found out the rear anti roll bar collar is broken, is that maybe my handling issue?

So du mean my tie bars are gonna cost around £250?

sorry dude really don't know! personally would prob stick with the tried and tested for that little a saving... think DPM do a audi-sport discount as well! :icon_thumright:

well I havent put spacer on yet, I've got 10mm for the front and waiting to get my 15's for the back.

What do people think about this?

http://www.balancemotorsport.co.uk/products.asp?recnumber=58688

Whiteline ARB's are ok but unless you do the tie bars to get the geometry right at the rear then a pointless upgrade... you say you have handling issues but didn't elaborate... having that much negative camber on the rear will make the handling 'interesting'... Check out this information from the stickies..

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?24824-Ess_Three-s-Star-Performance-Testing

Get some tie bars from the links in previous posts (I have KW ones and seem fine), get a 4 wheel alignment using the settings Ess_Three suggests in the link I gave above and either replace the ARB's (again see Ess_Three's links for more info to help you) or get your existing one fixed. The broken collar shouldn't adversely affect handling, you may get a knocking noise though but as you haven't said what your handling issues are I cannot comment with any accuracy really..

<tuffty/>

The front just seem to run out of grip very easily at very low speeds, roundabouts are *** and absolute killer in the wet.You can occasionally get it to hold on a really nice dry day but as soon as I start to push it, the back keep trying to kick out. I do have naff tyres just now but i had 19's with conti sport 2's before and now have 18's, I'm sure the tyres cant have much to do with it I HOPE!

I just have absolutly no confidence in the handling of the car at high speeds, infact its actually terrifying in the wet.

P.s its lower 40mm on eibach n Koni FSD's.

I'm planning to get the Whiteline ARB's 20mm front n 18mm rear (good/not?) and the forge tie bars at the same time.

Last edited:
The back kicking out is due to excessive camber, tie bars will sort that...

What tyres do you have?

<tuffty/>

crap kendo keizers just now. But even when I had the continentals it was the exact same.

Ess_Three's testing suggests 22mm front and 19mm rear to help balance out handling and reduce body roll enough while not making the ride too harsh..

20/18 will make the car more tail happy which considering what issues you currently have is prob not what you want...

There are plenty of threads about ARB's here so have a search, a lot of people (myself included) champion R32 ARB's which can be bought much more cheaply than after market ones and are 23mm (F)/19mm (R) and improve handling but keeps a more understeer feel of the original car... these coupled with ties bars and a 4 wheel alignment will pretty much sort out 99% of your current issues with it leaving you to get a decent set of tyres left... if you are on a budget, I would try Falken FK452's (not the crappy 912's) which can be had for around £65 a corner. I have used these on my car for some time and while not the stickiest of tyres they are pretty ****** good for the money...

<tuffty/>

LEG-END!

Why cant all my problems be answered as easily as this lol!

Is it the ARB's from the mk4?

Any idea how much they are new and part numbers if possible?

Have a search mate... there was a quite recent thread that had all the part numbers in it... not having it that easy LOL

<tuffty/>

lol fair play! really appreciate that tuffty :icon_thumright: