8Y RS3 Gremlins thread.

Check you’re not logged out

Or you didn’t accidentally press apply settings as that wipes radio presets.

No point reporting it as there’s no solution for that issue they haven’t solved it since launch 2 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why does that apply settings box keep coming up? Its very f@#£%!g annoyin

Reactions: DangerMouseUK
My Memory seat gremlin is still there, at first the seat would adjust to my settings (most times) when I unlocked the car with my key, this became less and less until if it did adjust the seat it was a surprise, still worked absolutely fine on the Memory buttons though
It then took to adjusting itself back to my position (on unlocking the car) after I moved the seat rearwards to ease getting out of the car in my garage, sort of get in quick before it finishes moving to my normal sitting position
It's now completly taking the pizz and seems to think it's funny to adjust my seat, with my key, to my wifes position, which as most women seem to use is higher, more upright and much closer to the steering wheel,
I'm sure this car has a sense of humour :tearsofjoy:

Why does that apply settings box keep coming up? Its very f@#£%!g annoyin

To this day there’s no solution for it, everyone who uses myAudi and has an A3 8Y has it from what I can tell.

You could try Audi Digital UK Support but you won’t get very far and they’ll just end up winding you up.

I just hit discard all the time as eventually if you just leave it to disappear without clicking one of them for long enough it logs you out lol.

Dno if anybody has came across this.

But the other day my drivers seat has stopped moving back and forward. It goes up and down, the back bit moves but for leg space it doesnt move back or forward.
Anybody had this and fixed?

Dno if anybody has came across this.

But the other day my drivers seat has stopped moving back and forward. It goes up and down, the back bit moves but for leg space it doesnt move back or forward.
Anybody had this and fixed?
Yes!

Lol

Go under the seat and look at all the connectors - one will be out of its socket slightly - push it back in firmly until it clicks and hey presto - seat will start moving again
:)

Reactions: RS03???
I noticed a small quantity of pink fluid on my garage floor at the weekend - assume its from the reservoir container or a leak on a joint.
Will keep my eye on it to see if I see anymore, but its being serviced in a few weeks so the Dealer can inspect it then if not.

I noticed a small quantity of pink fluid on my garage floor at the weekend - assume its from the reservoir container or a leak on a joint.
Will keep my eye on it to see if I see anymore, but its being serviced in a few weeks so the Dealer can inspect it then if not.

Check water pump area for residue.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Check water pump area for residue.

cheers mate - yeah I will have a good look at the weekend when its light :icon thumright:

Reactions: 8YARWY
Just interested if anyone has seen this, car has started up a couple of recently, in the morning, with the VC blank and just a tiny red warning triangle at the top centre. It lasts about 1.5 seconds at the most before displaying as normal with no other warnings or issues?

Reactions: davc
Just interested if anyone has seen this, car has started up a couple of recently, in the morning, with the VC blank and just a tiny red warning triangle at the top centre. It lasts about 1.5 seconds at the most before displaying as normal with no other warnings or issues?

Not seen that yet, but I suppose there’s still plenty time.

• Haha
Reactions: Add_Profile
Yeah I've had it once or twice, happy to write it off as systems starting up and communicating though... as long as it gets going within a second or two I'm not too worried. The warning triangle appears as one of the "lights" which "self-tests" when it starts up I think? I assume the blank-display-with-triangle is the default fallback state for the VC if it's not otherwise ready to make sure you know it's not normal!

Reactions: Add_Profile
Might be a software update thing if it was one of the earlier software cars?

First RS3s came with 3691 I think and now the newer ones are coming with 3801 might be something that or a later update fixes?

Might be a software update thing if it was one of the earlier software cars?

First RS3s came with 3691 I think and now the newer ones are coming with 3801 might be something that or a later update fixes?
Do the cars update system (for want of a better term) software OTA or just maps?

My wife's new Polo GTI seems to update everything OTA, but I've only ever seen the RS3 tell me it was updating maps.

Do the cars update system (for want of a better term) software OTA or just maps?

My wife's new Polo GTI seems to update everything OTA, but I've only ever seen the RS3 tell me it was updating maps.

No only maps is an OTA update.

System software update is a 10 hr jobbie with Odis.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: Terminator x and JamesOff
I've had a few things.
#1 - went to start the car in the garage and as soon as I started the car it sounded like a hammer hit underneath the gear selector. Now anytime I start the car and go to put it in reverse or drive it makes an audible clicking sound you hear in and out of the car. Taking it into the dealer on Friday to find out what it is. They say it is not normal.
#2 - was hearing a rattle somewhere on the front passenger side. Came to find out the plastic on the side of the seat where the switches are to move the seat came completely off the clip.

I've had a few things.
#1 - went to start the car in the garage and as soon as I started the car it sounded like a hammer hit underneath the gear selector. Now anytime I start the car and go to put it in reverse or drive it makes an audible clicking sound you hear in and out of the car. Taking it into the dealer on Friday to find out what it is. They say it is not normal.
#2 - was hearing a rattle somewhere on the front passenger side. Came to find out the plastic on the side of the seat where the switches are to move the seat came completely off the clip.
Had #1 on two occasions. Thought I was imagining it. Has not resulted in any other sounds or issues. You described it perfectly.

My car decides to change the VC view intermittently and sometimes on startup it is completely blank for a moment.

After 3k miles I have topped up the coolant twice so it appears I have the crappy water pump/thermostat issue.

I have had a gearbox malfunction warning twice and the pre-sense reduced operation 3 times.

Where do you guys keep your phone?

Bizarre on hot hatch to not have anywhere to keep your phone which won't result in it flying around the interior if you get a bit of a move on

Also I get a random beep every once in a while. No idea what it means.

And the interior rattles when you play music or a podcast.. Eg the switches in the drivers door, and 2 or 3 other places I haven't been able to track down. I've turn my piped in exhaust sound to 0 as a result.

Still loving it more and more though.

Bizarre on hot hatch to not have anywhere to keep your phone which won't result in it flying around the interior if you get a bit of a move on

And the interior rattles when you play music or a podcast.. Eg the switches in the drivers door, and 2 or 3 other places I haven't been able to track down. I've turn my piped in exhaust sound to 0 as a result.

I just keep my phone in my pocket. No wireless charger and I don't have a cable so no value in taking it out.

On the wireless charger

• Haha
Reactions: Terminator x, Snake Pliskin, DangerMouseUK and 1 other person
Got a warning about low coolant and to turn off ignition. Temperature was fine. Checked coolant level once it was cold and it is low. Has anyone else experienced this? Audi told me it was fine but I’m skeptical. I’m gonna top it up and monitor it

Got a warning about low coolant and to turn off ignition. Temperature was fine. Checked coolant level once it was cold and it is low. Has anyone else experienced this? Audi told me it was fine but I’m skeptical. I’m gonna top it up and monitor it

It’ll be the system settling down after the Factory fill.
I had it on both PFL and FL cars.

It’ll be the system settling down after the Factory fill.
I had it on both PFL and FL cars.

Ah hopefully that’s it, never had a brand new car before

Ah hopefully that’s it, never had a brand new car before

It’s vacuum filled, however it never seems to fully expel all the air.

I used a vacuum filler system after doing the Timing belt on our GTD, only because it was said the coolant system was a pain to just fill ‘normally’ and bleed the air out, yet a few months later the level dropped and I topped it up.

Any assistance on this guys

I got into the car this morning and all the settings had changed to default, like it factory reset itself.

The car also doesn’t listen to any voice commands Apple CarPlay or voice commands on steering

Any input would help or will have to book it in

Any assistance on this guys

I got into the car this morning and all the settings had changed to default, like it factory reset itself.

The car also doesn’t listen to any voice commands Apple CarPlay or voice commands on steering

Any input would help or will have to book it in

Have you not added yourself as a key holder ?

will have to get I booked in :worried:
Try rebooting first

On the volume / off / on hold down the off / on for 10 secs let it reboot

If that doesnt work hold 2 fingers in the top right corner of the MMI screen it'll go into engineering mode and you can exit that it'll then reboot the system

Failing that go into settings and restore factory settings then add yourself back into key user.

Last edited:
Reactions: DangerMouseUK and RS03???
Try rebooting first

On the volume / off / on hold down the off / on for 10 secs let it reboot

If that doesnt work hold 2 fingers in the top right corner of the MMI screen it'll go into engineering mode and you can exit that it'll then reboot the system

Failing that go into settings and restore factory settings then add yourself back into key user.
I’ve tried the 10 second reset and that didn’t help.
I will have to try the rest when it’s back from ppf

Thanks

I’ve tried the 10 second reset and that didn’t help.
I will have to try the rest when it’s back from ppf

Thanks

00067388808ba4b1cab08b6d6e95aa5a.jpg

404400279c1aa42cde482a51f1a6c5d3.jpg

I will definitely try this once it’s back and update you of the outcome.
Thank you
Had the car back today and performed both of the resets, it’s not solved the issue

Had the car back today and performed both of the resets, it’s not solved the issue

Reset to factory then add yourself back in as key user.

Failing that it’s a trip to you know where…..

Reset to factory then add yourself back in as key user.

Failing that it’s a trip to you know where…..

Tried that too mate no joy I will have to get it booked in
Thank you for the assistance