8P2 front bumper conversion question

only if you go for s3 conversion but then you can cut small sizes on bothsides, but if you go for S-line then you dont need to. there are few threads that explains this look at Sara's A3 conversion thread

As said your only suppose to change the bar if you do the S3 conversion. If your doing the s-line conversion you dont need to change it :)
Get some photo up once you done it

Ahhh see, i'm all confused again!

This is what I thought:

8P1 --> 8P2 standard/sport = no need for new bar or to modify existing bar.
8P1 --> 8P2 s-line/S3 = need a new bar or to modify existing bar.
8P2 standard/sport --> 8P2 s-line = no need for new bar or to modify existing bar.
8P2 standard/sport --> 8P2 S3 = need a new bar or to modify existing bar.

thats what it is aythreee

8P1 --> 8P2 standard/sport = no need for new bar or to modify existing bar.
8P1 --> 8P2 s-line = no need for new bar or to modify existing bar.
8P2 standard/sport --> 8P2 s-line = no need for new bar or to modify existing bar.
8P2 standard/sport --> 8P2 S3 = need a new bar or to modify existing bar.

sorry i forgot to past it.

only if your going for an S3 conversion you need to change or modify the existing bar.... for all 8P1 and 8P2

Last edited:
you told me in post 2 that i dont need a new bar but the list you say is correct says i do!!

sorry Roston, forgot to past what i copied...

If you have 8P1 or 8P2 sport or s-line and you want to go for S3 conversiont then you have to modify the existing bar
If you are going from 8P1 sport/standard to 8P2 sport/standart no need to modify esxisting bar
If you are going from 8P1 sport/standard to 8P2 s-line no need to modify esxisting bar

hope this is clears

fantastic! mine is an 8p1 sport and im going to the 8p2 s-line! :)

I've just checked ETKA and there is one reinforcement bar for the 8P1 (8p0 807 113 B) and two for the 8P2 (8p0 807 113 B and 8p0 807 113 D).

ETKA doesn't say if 8p0 807 113 D is for an S3, but it does give a model code of PR-2JU, which I've seen elsewhere as being the code for the S3.

So as said by the rest, it pretty much confirms that the only time you need to change your bar is if you go for an S3 bumper.

Wonder why mattandrew (thread linked to above) changed his bar when going from 8P1 to 8P2 s-line??? Maybe he'd been reading the same threads/info that i'd seen saying that you need to change it for s-line bumpers too.