Urgent help xenons

tdi-man

Reaction score
can someone please post up step by step directions on how to set my xenons to home position before i fit then as i am going to plug lights into a friends car on monday and need to know how to level um up properly threw vag com

thanks

Last edited:
Considering you're doing this on monday, you posted up 4 hours ago & then 3 hours later again asking, have some patients, people will post when they see the thread or have time too.

As already requested, please dont PM asking for support without opening a thread yourself already or using the search function, I have discussed this a number of times on how to do this.

Maybe some prudent reading would be advisable before asking for help, if you have a genuine interface then you could have emailed RT for assistance.

This will advise:

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/Audi_A3_(8P)_Headlight_Aim_Control_(Xenon_Plus)#Adaptation

ok thanks for that so am i rite in saying that

1...unplug lights out of donor car

2...plug my lights into donor car

Headlight Adjustment

[Select]
[55 - Xenon Range]
[Basic Settings - 04]
Group 001
[Go!]
Activate the Basic Setting.
[ON/OFF/Next]

• The meas. block field now shows "Wait" and should switch to "Adjust Headlights" then (this may take up to 10 seconds).
[ON/OFF/Next]
The adjustment should now be learned.
[Done, Go Back]
Don't forget to check/clear fault codes afterwards.
[Close Controller, Go Back - 06]

4...switch ignition of remove my lights.

5...plug donor car lights back in..

6...fit to my car and check light levels on mot bay....
Adjust the headlights using their manual adjusting screws as referenced against a suitable aiming target.

hope this is right......

Last edited:
I would remove the headlights when vagcom says adjust headlights, as this would be the center point, so they are stuck in that position, then stick on your car & adjust manually, if you turn of the setting in vagcom, then they will possible lower because they're on a car that has the levelling system, so must be disconnected when they're at the adjustment point.

ok many thanks

[Select]
[55 - Xenon Range]
[Basic Settings - 04]
Group 001
[Go!]
Activate the Basic Setting.
[ON/OFF/Next]

• The meas. block field now shows "Wait" and should switch to "Adjust Headlights" then (this may take up to 10 seconds).
  • Adjust the headlights using their manual adjusting screws as referenced against a suitable aiming target.
UNPLUG MY LIGHTS FROM DONOR CAR....

what settings do i need to change in vag com once lights fitted.

also what control uint should i try and get hold of i have 8P0 907 279 D at the mo ?

Last edited:
Considering you're doing this on monday, you posted up 4 hours ago & then 3 hours later again asking, have some patients, people will post when they see the thread or have time too.

Not only this you already created another thread about this, which you also bumped unnecessarily and in which I offered advice which you seem to have ignored.

I think its more a case of patients & reading/listening mate if you want to learn about the systems more, as I did already advise you that the D unit isnt superseded to a newer higher numbered byte version to code to bixenon, as I also said you'd have to rewire your whole central electrics board by moving pins around to suit the higher version module not specified for your car, this is a major job overall as you'd need to map pin to pin, no guarantees it will work, but no reason it wouldnt.

You'd need a F version or higher that support 23 bytes or above, given byte 21 is the one to set headlight type, single vision xenons didnt require this, as they used lower byte/bits to tick or not, but bixenons from 05 onwards needed these boards.

Last edited: