Part number query

way318

Reaction score
I am after a replacement part for my A4 B6 and I know the part number is 038 145 209* (brake vac pump).

Now I have seen one's for sale that have the same part number but a different letter at the end e.g A or K etc... What's the difference between these letters? The part number on my car is 038 145 209A can i fit one with a different letter at the end e.g.. K

Thanks
wayne

the letter at the end of part numbers relates to newer revisions of that part so in theory that would mean that the part you have seen for sale is identical to the original part you have fitted but is a newer one.....BUT I would double check to be sure, the parts dept at your local Audi stealership will be able to tell you what the latest revision is and if the part in question would fit your car

Hi,

As 1210tech said the letter at the end is just a newer version of the part so yes, it should fit your car.

I've just checked and the latest revision of the part is 038 145 209 N.

Hope that helps.

Hi Scouse/1210tech, thanks for your replies.

I have just spoken to the Audi Main Dealer and they have said any of the following letters E, K, H, M, N will work on my car.

Thanks again.

Hi again,

I have seen a new vac pump for sale, but the guy has said the part number is 038 145 009, does anyone recognise this as I think it may be a mistake and it should be 038 145 209.

Hi Way318,

It must be a mistake mate, they've missed the 2 off. There's no part matching 038 145 009.

Cheers again scouse.

I rang the main dealer back to check this part number and like you have said, its the wrong number. I'm rang the guy this afternoon to see if he could double check the number off the part, but he wasn't in. So I left a message and also sent him an email, so hopefully he will get back in touch soon.