B Pillars from matt to mirror in 30 mins....

30 mins a side per pillar (I did both of them, so thats four in total or 2 hours elbow grease. If I had a rotary polisher then 5 mins if that per pillar and the result would probably be even better!! But I was just using a humble pad and some cutting polish. I'm seriously considering doing my roof rails too now. Everythings already been painted by Audi so all those parts need is a good polish! I was going to paint mine, but to achieve a professional and respectfull finish requires polishing anyway as the final step, so re-painting them seems a contradiction. That aside you need a sterile enviroment and an oven for a pro paint job on anything....

Good result. Mine are a little tarnished and I thought about updating to faceluift items, so maybe I will try this.

Well, bored as I am and wanting to go outside and enjoy the sunshine, I thought I'd give this a go. Nicked a bit of cutting compound from the valeters and had a good rub.

Started like this:

After a quick rub, say 5 to 10 minutes, looked like this:

I know we're not talking mirror finish here, far from it. But I had never given my B-Pillars any lovin' before. Never really thought of it.

Cheers for the hint, Phoenix.

So when you're not busy working for Mercedes Benz, you're rubbing your B pillars down?

Looks good. I gave up on mine. Mine is the same colour as both of yours so maybe I should finish it so we all have cool blue cars?

Haha! Busted! Yep, I find my car sooo much more interesting than 90% of the stuff on our forecourt...

Also, Blue B5s FTW. Mine's Santorin Pearl, what's yours?

Haha! Busted! Yep, I find my car sooo much more interesting than 90% of the stuff on our forecourt...

Also, Blue B5s FTW. Mine's Santorin Pearl, what's yours?

Ah, mine's Europa Blue Mica. Looked the same from the photo but I suppose mine does have a hint of purple in it.

There are so many different variations of blue on the B5, it's a shame the pearl effect on mine only shows in bright sunlight or on a BP forecourt...

i had a crack at my roof bars with autosol which worked a charm. Oh, just realised mine are metal though and some are black. wouldn't work on black obvioulsy

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…