B Pillars from matt to mirror in 30 mins....

30 mins a side per pillar (I did both of them, so thats four in total or 2 hours elbow grease. If I had a rotary polisher then 5 mins if that per pillar and the result would probably be even better!! But I was just using a humble pad and some cutting polish. I'm seriously considering doing my roof rails too now. Everythings already been painted by Audi so all those parts need is a good polish! I was going to paint mine, but to achieve a professional and respectfull finish requires polishing anyway as the final step, so re-painting them seems a contradiction. That aside you need a sterile enviroment and an oven for a pro paint job on anything....

Good result. Mine are a little tarnished and I thought about updating to faceluift items, so maybe I will try this.

Well, bored as I am and wanting to go outside and enjoy the sunshine, I thought I'd give this a go. Nicked a bit of cutting compound from the valeters and had a good rub.

Started like this:
Workshop1005.jpg

After a quick rub, say 5 to 10 minutes, looked like this:

Workshop1006.jpg

I know we're not talking mirror finish here, far from it. But I had never given my B-Pillars any lovin' before. Never really thought of it.

Cheers for the hint, Phoenix.

Well, bored as I am and wanting to go outside and enjoy the sunshine, I thought I'd give this a go. Nicked a bit of cutting compound from the valeters and had a good rub.

Started like this:
Workshop1005.jpg

After a quick rub, say 5 to 10 minutes, looked like this:

Workshop1006.jpg

I know we're not talking mirror finish here, far from it. But I had never given my B-Pillars any lovin' before. Never really thought of it.

Cheers for the hint, Phoenix.

So when you're not busy working for Mercedes Benz, you're rubbing your B pillars down? :p

Looks good. I gave up on mine. Mine is the same colour as both of yours so maybe I should finish it so we all have cool blue cars?

Haha! Busted! Yep, I find my car sooo much more interesting than 90% of the stuff on our forecourt...

Also, Blue B5s FTW. Mine's Santorin Pearl, what's yours?

Haha! Busted! Yep, I find my car sooo much more interesting than 90% of the stuff on our forecourt...

Also, Blue B5s FTW. Mine's Santorin Pearl, what's yours?

Ah, mine's Europa Blue Mica. Looked the same from the photo but I suppose mine does have a hint of purple in it. :)

There are so many different variations of blue on the B5, it's a shame the pearl effect on mine only shows in bright sunlight or on a BP forecourt...

i had a crack at my roof bars with autosol which worked a charm. Oh, just realised mine are metal though and some are black. wouldn't work on black obvioulsy