VAGCOM question

s3ollie

Reaction score
Will my Vagcom (409.1) that i used on my 8L chassis work with the 8P? Im going to see a 8P S3 on friday and would like to do a scan if possible. thanks :icon_thumright:

8P is canbus, 409 supports can, but you may be limited what you can see given assuming its a shareware version.

Its just a normal usb to car socket (sure it has a name) one but i have the paid for software if that helps

not getting a response for the controllers. do i need to get a newer version?

Is it a "low cost" cable from ebay or genuine ross-tech?

yeah its a USB to OBD cable not a rosstech one im afraid

When you say its a paid software, you mean you paid RT for the license or you paid for the cable & software from ebay as such & its possible the lead is crap in which I would suggest you buy the proper one that is guaranteed to work on the car if the car is fully functional that is interms of ODB2 port, other issue maybe you're trying to logon to modules not supported by the car or by the version you have, however I sell genuine cables so PM if interested & they're in stock & ready to go.

ive brought the software licence from ross-tech. i do have two dumb leads so ill try the other one. how much is a dongle one BTW

Well the genuine version Hex-Can-USB is £241 delivered & will work on 99.99999% of vag cars old & new, you wont have any issues with these I can assure you.

Software license you have is for much older version then mate, where as the genuine ones I sell work on all current & new released versions which are now 908 & beta 912, full unrestricted use.

can i upgrade my license to work with 908 & 912 or is a dongle the only way?

No mate, as they only seem to do an upgrade path from a genuine older RT dongle to the new one, so overall new one needed afaik, but could sell yours personally to an 8L boy but they would need to act as you for support as license as you have arent transferable, but tbh the older version has all the support on forums anyway so they shouldnt need any with RT, thats why genuine cable is great cause you could sell that later if need be.

So new one is best option, sorry but name me one person thats regretted, not one of my buyers has comeback with a fault, issue etc, they just work mate & ****** well at that on all vag cars & not linked to one laptop & no limited functions.

yeah i see the benefits as you mentioned and i would like one, but im not exactly rolling in cash at the moment. I did'nt plan on getting rid of my 8L S3 but someone kindly wrote it off for me!:sadlike::notme: