Roof rail repair..how long?

Y83OLK

Hulk Smash!
Reaction score
Hi.
Plymouth Audi have finally agreed'd to do my roof rail repair.
The girl on the desk has booked me in for tuesday 9'th of feb, and it should be complete but weds the 10th???
Surely this isnt correct????

Do they not cut the rust out?. respray the new areas and renew the rail trims??

any advice appreciated.

Callum

It took them three days with mine. Just do a really good check over afterward and reject it if you have any worries

Just got mine back, took 9 working days, rejected once because i spotted some faults, check everything thoroughly bud and ask for the aeriel gromet to be changed too :) Take pictures of before, clean the car before you give it to them, you'll spot any new dents/ scratches easier.

1 day to do this job is a little too quick, think she got the date a tiny bit wrong lol

Exeter had mine from about 12.00 on wednesday,
phoned on fri about 2.00 saying it was ready to be picked up.

Why would they replace the arial gromit ??

Roof wasnt sprayed, but rails replaced, painted, seems a good job,

The original gromits have a habit of cracking at the base and mine was old and looking tired

I was told by the bodyshop i had mine done at that Audi require the entire roof to be sprayed and both roof rail strips to be replaced also. I didn't complain, got the whole roof and rear quarters sprayed and got a 3yr warranty on the job. Got excellent service from Audi uk

Hi Callum, when they did mine it took them 7 days (incl a weekend) they treat the corrosion remove all windows and sprayed the "a" & "c" pillars and the entire roof, looks spanking now.

I'll try pop out with your haldex spanner next week and you can see the results on my roof old buddy

Nige

I phoned them today and told them 1 day wont be long enough for the job, so they agreed to keep it for a week.
Also want to try and get the bodyshop to do my rear bumper.
Luckily ive already replaced my aeriel gromit as it was cracked and looked tatty lol.

Anytime your in the area Nige just give me a buzz, im in no rush for the spanner.

Cheers

Be prepared to lose car for a few months, I sent my back twice, the laquer started to peel after a week the first time they repaired it , took it back, and they repaired it poorly and left scratch marks and dirt under the new laquer which they tried to say was there when I orignally gave the car to them (it wasn't), sent it back again and they completey resprayed both rear quarters as well as re-respraying the roof, when I picked it up my car looked brand new.
Audi were good about it though they gave me three courstesty cars, 09 Audi A6 for 2 weeks, 09 Audi A4 for 3 weeks and a 09 Pug 206 for 2 weeks (basically the whole summer lol)

After the whole saga was finished the warranty manager joked that he never wanted to see me again..........:think:

To be fair, i dont care how long they have it... aslong as its repaired to a good standard.
Ive got a few errends to run up and down the country.. so at least it wont be my milage.

Mine took 2 or 3 days, don't remember, but they resprayed the whole rear quarter panel for me, removing a scratch in the process, so I was well happy!

EEEk.. got a quote for the bodyshop to do my rear bumper whilst they do the roof.
£280 all in :eek:
Fell thats a tad pricy for a not cracked, non metalic paint.

Apparently the colour may have a pearl in it though???

EEEk.. got a quote for the bodyshop to do my rear bumper whilst they do the roof.
£280 all in :eek:
Fell thats a tad pricy for a not cracked, non metalic paint.

Apparently the colour may have a pearl in it though???

What colour is it? Bumper respray should be around £150 for cash, may have gone up slightly, not had any bodywork done on my cars in a long time! - Touchwood.

I think its known as 'goodwood green' (the car in my display pic).
I was hoping for 100-150ish..but may pay the extra for peace of mind that is being done by an audi approved bodyshop... hmmm

I was quoted £200 for my front bumper, £280 is a little steep, let them do the roof first then decide whether they are good enough to do the rear bumper