Wheel refurb (d.i.y style)

dannyFR+tdi

Reaction score
Well ive got my modding bug back again after getting bored with my avant so yesterday decided to freshen my bentleys up alittle

From;

DSC00139.jpg

To;

IMGP0760.jpg

Ive used satin black and i was alot easier to do than i though, really happy with the look of them, another coat to be added in the week or next weekend along with freshly sprayed upper and lower grill, roof bars and the chrome strip under the boot, also managed to cancel my cabby lights and instead ive ordered some low beam h.i.d's, l.e.d sidelights and some lamin-x (smoked for the fronts and red for the rears)

Comments on the wheels welcom please

Danny

Hopefully will have alot more update next week weather dependant

Look very nice black,looking foward to the rest

as churchill says "...oooohhhh Yesh"
Cant wait to see this beauty and its a pleasure sharing the same planet :icon_thumright:

I was going to opinion my thoughts on Stealthing your motor by black wheels when you posted up way back when and good choice - they look looooaddds better.
....so come on then....get working!!!

...oh and red for the rears I see - SNAP!!!!!

Joey Mod?????

Last edited:
as churchill says "...oooohhhh Yesh"
Cant wait to see this beauty and its a pleasure sharing the same planet :icon_thumright:

I was going to opinion my thoughts on Stealthing your motor by black wheels when you posted up way back when and good choice - they look looooaddds better.
....so come on then....get working!!!

...oh and red for the rears I see - SNAP!!!!!

Joey Mod?????

Best comment ive had over afew forums :), think in the dub world its called 'murder' so im murdering it all :gun2:

I would of had them all done last weekend but the bad weather didnt help, should hopefully be done this weekend.

Thanks for the pointer on cabby lights the other day by the way! i managed to get a full refund and bought some h.i.d's and l.e.d sidelights with smoked lamin-x for the front as i dont fancy splitting my headlights and red lamin-x for the rear with green indicator bulbd to give the orange light when indicating if that works????

Just need to find out about window tints and the legality of them, i really want darkish tint on the rear and lighter tint on front doors if its ok to do, then im concentrating on my air ride funds which will all been well be done by june/july

Just need to find out about window tints and the legality of them, i really want darkish tint on the rear and lighter tint on front doors if its ok to do, then im concentrating on my air ride funds which will all been well be done by june/july

Ref the window tints, anything behind the B pillar can be as dark as you like, but anything forward (ie the front windows as it's illegal to tint the windscreen) must allows 70% light through, ie a maximum 30% tint. A4's have a factory tint anyway, 10-20% IIRC, so in calculating any tint you add, remember to take this into account.

I don't think that MoT stations can test for tint, it is only VOSA or the Police, who can issue an immediate prohibition if they wanted to be difficult.....

Best comment ive had over afew forums :), think in the dub world its called 'murder' so im murdering it all :gun2:

I would of had them all done last weekend but the bad weather didnt help, should hopefully be done this weekend.

Thanks for the pointer on cabby lights the other day by the way! i managed to get a full refund and bought some h.i.d's and l.e.d sidelights with smoked lamin-x for the front as i dont fancy splitting my headlights and red lamin-x for the rear with green indicator bulbd to give the orange light when indicating if that works????

Sounds like you have it all sorted mate! This is another avant I dont wanna miss (...aswell as James when he's done his bits'n'bobs to his)!!!

I was thinking the same last night about my rear lights, I was at first going to spray a few light coats of Red over the Clear section then few coats of laquer but then I thought Id rather go with the film instead. Are you having the Green LED's for the indicator or just Green Bulbs?? shouldnt see why it wouldnt work having the 'Green' under the red though. Soon as I seen FilthyRich's avant I knew thats what was missing on mine (...im just a Cloner,lol).

Good idea with the headlamps too, I wonder if thats what Docurlys B5 had on his headlamps because his were smoked and thats what gave me the push to Joey mod mine.

Like James says, as dark as you want in the Rear and having a light tint in the fronts but will still look darker due to the rears being dark.
On my red A4 I went with 50% rear windows/rear screen and 25% up front and it looked alot darker in the rear than I wanted...So on this blue one I went 50% Rear screen only and the rest 25%.
On your motor it'll blend well because of the black paintwork. You do realise Its going to look rather Dangerous Chap!!! hhhaaavvvvvee it !!!!

100_1761.jpg

Cant wait to see those wheels on there and the tints! will look awseome!

J7USS. you were talking about films on rear lights, where can you get them from and do they go on the outside of the light or can you open the light up and put them inside? and what kind of film is it? i was thinking of getting reverse lights tinted dark grey or something similar.

HERE you go mate. Have a read on their site, tells you everything you need to know.
The film goes on the outside, I did my scooby lights with the same stuff and really is easy to do! Just dont rush doing it...
Defo saves blasting your lights with paint and least you can take this stuff off very easy!!!

That Lamin-x website has to be the worst i've been to in a long time! Still, I managed to get info from it, so it can't be all bad! I am very tempted by this mod, as a subtle change to the front end.

juss the pic above was that the red car u had that ur always crying about?? damnnnnn i wud be crying as well! its stunning!

Think ill go similar to what you had j7uss, well today i had a day off so put a secong layer on the wheels and they are looking rather good to me considering its a d.i.y job. Gutted it rained though as i couldnt fit my lamin-x and paint my roof bars and rear trim but on the plus side re-did my grill and hopefully it will be better this time (fingers crossed for a dry weekend)

Pics to come after a good clean soon, my cars officially murdered :gun2: