Cd player security code

gaz71

1.8T Quattro Sport AJL
Reaction score
Hi all,

I want to get a replacement radio for my Concert Radio as the old one has the usual volume control problem, two settings - quiet or LOUD.

I've seen some Concert CD players on ebay going fairly cheap without security codes. Can these be recoded using VAGCOM?

If not does anyone know what sort of price I'll be looking at to get one recoded.

Thanks in advance,

Gareth

Hi Gareth, you could try this company http://www.radio-code.co.uk/audi-radio-codes.html i havent used them so cannot comment if there any good
also why would you need the code? tbh dont think ppl would steal the radio? from our age of cars?
i dont think you can enable the radio code via vagcom

Thanks for that, I'll give them a try.

Been looking at some on Ebay and not all of them have the codes for some reason or another :think:

Want to replace the tape Concert I've got at the mo with something nicer (and without the annoying volume control issue!!)

the code wouldnt bother me personally

main problem is they will only supply the factory code for the unit , you can actually find a program to generate vag radio codes from serial number , i had one but cant remember where it came from now but im sure if you google it you will find it . Usually came up with 2 different codes but one will work unless it has been recoded.

Thanks for all the input. But just to clarify,

wouldn't the unit ask for a code once fitted to the car as the power would have been disconnected?

IIRC i dont think so, as its an option to disable the code the previous owner would have needed the code to disable it.

also if your buying from eBay ask the seller if when fitted to your car will it ask for the code? if he/she says its ok at least your covered :yes:

yes it would but the original codes are found through the serial number and do not change from factory unless someone has re coded .