Cd Player install

scrappydoo

Reaction score
Chowy you need to make sure you only use a small amount per panel and warm it in your hands, dont allow it to dry - put in on with your hands, immediately wipe one way with a microwipe and then 30 secs or less later a couple of more flicks with the microwipe should finish it nicely

regards

I don't know how easy it is to buff off Titanium but this Destiny stuff I've been using takes some hard work to buff off to a shine! Just wax on wax off takes min. 2 hours, never mind the wash / hd cleanse /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

The wax off was the easiest of any wax I've ever used, I was really supprised how little buffing it needed to give a shine !! must be the Destiny wax or the application too thick

[ QUOTE ]

Normally I hate cleaning alloys, usually use the Autoglym stuff and end up getting really hacked off with it. Now I haven't cleaned my wheels for about two weeks so the fronts were caked in brake dust, which tends to require about two goes and lots of scrubbing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif Not with this Zymol stuff, I've never seen anything like it! A bit of water to soak the wheels, squirt of the wheel cleaner and it's done, and no aggravation.

[/ QUOTE ]
Does this mean that you just hosed off the brake dust after applying Zymol wheel cleaner without the use of any brush, sponge etc...?

[ QUOTE ]
Next time I might try dragging the hose to the car, as I've got a pressure washer which might speed up the whole thing... Then I can spend the rest of the time on the waxing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Tony,

I've found the best way to use the Zymol wheel cleaner is to spray it over cold and dry wheels, let it soak in for a minute or so and then remove it with a pressure washer. Gets all the crap of everytime, you don't need a brush and it takes about a minute a wheel!

Regards
Ben

I installed a cd player in my 1996 A4, and to my surprise, there was no antenna cable that plugs into the head unit. Instead, there was another connector. Also, the rear speakers don't work either...... so..... I am thinking that the antenna and the rear speakers are going to an amp, which then goes to the head unit.....I dunno. Any feedback would be great!!

You need an adapter to wire in the rear amp/speakers (see caraudiodirect.co.uk). You will have a normal antenna cable either banana type or newer round connector. There is an antenna amp but that is driven off a separate connection to the power antenna output from the HU. If you can't find it, what was connected to the old HU? Have you got a pic?