HELP! ignition control module!

I

imported_tristram

Does anyone know where the ignition control module is, where i can find one for decently cheap, and how to install it?
help would be MUCH appreciated since my local audi deal wants around 600 dollars parts and labor.

thanks!

I installed mine this morning. It took 5 minutes. It's on top of the air intake on the passenger side. It has two connectors on each side of it. I shopped around and found one for 150.

where did you buy it from? and i thought 600 dollars sounded rediculous. they charge 90/hr for labor but if it took you five minutes. .. . .you sure we're talkingabout the same thing?

I'm fairly sure we're talking about the same part. Sometimes, it is called "Ignition Control Unit" as well. I just noticed you are in the UK. In the US, my air intake is on the right side, (from the point of view when you are sitting in the car) It has two connectors. One on each side on the module. One of the connectors has 5 pins, the other one has 4 pins. (BTW, this is for 1.8t.) I just called around to parts places. I think this one works for a 99 Passat as well.

I'm assuming your CEL is blinking. You could burn up your cat. converter. You'd be best not driving it until you get it fixed.

well as of right now it's sitting at the dealer, i'm going to have to drive it back on monday to my house (bout 10 miles or so) in the mean time i'm driving the good ole subaru outback and yes my cel is blinking

Did you get your ignition control module installed? how is it?