ignition module and air solenoid thingy

audiv8quattro

Reaction score
probably abit of a stupid question but my ignition module part number 4a0905351 is filthy really dust and abit greasy could this be why my car is hunting for idle all the time? as i dip the clutch all i get is vroom vroom and its bouncing between 10000 and 12000 rpm,its a bit embarresing when im at a zebra crossing and theres two old people crossing,it sounds like im revving up to mow em down lol.also what is the best way to clean it ie.products ect,and also could the problem be with the air solenoid valve whatever that is lol,thanks for any replys in advance

Last edited:
more likely the throttle body tbh

Worth cleaning and resetting with vagcom or remove battery connection for 5 mins

Assuming you have radio codes and the like, you then reconnect the batt, turn the ignition on without starting the car for one min. turn ignition off and then start as normal, it will re align the TB hopefully

After disconnecting the ignition control module to disable the car whilst on holiday, I've lost lumpy/hunting idle and seem to have some power back !!

nice one just tried disconnecting battery and went for a quick drive (after connecting back up and turning key for one min then starting)like byzan a4 suggested (thanks byzan) but that hasnt worked so ill try your theory next bradderz,i recently posted on here about this problem and some people sugggested the coolant sensor,iacv and a couple of other things i changed all them for new parts but still no luck,anyway gotta keep trying ill report back soon to let you guys know how it goes and hopefully it will be fixed and others might benefit from this thread

So I've just been for a quick 10 mile drive and so far so good not idling rough seems as good as new, hopefully it stays that way thanks guys

So its worked by disconnecting the icm ?? They have a tendacy to knock cylinder 2 out now and again !

Oops spoke to soon, just got back from an hours drive down the coast and it's back but it only seems to be when I've had my foot on the accelerator pedal at the same position for about 30 secs if that makes sense so if I sit at 40mph when the car is warm for 30 secs or so when I take my foot of the accelerator it gets really jolty and lumpy and when I dip the clutch it hunts for revs again,

vac leak, its very common on 1.8T. good luck finding it though. can be the evap valve ive herd.

Cheers Marshall but my motor is the 2.6 v6 quattro but I have replaced all the pipes incase of a leak I done that about a month ago as alot of the pipes were fcuked

easy way to test the evap, is to loosen the fuel cap when its hunting, if it hisses and then the engine stabilises, you need an n80 or whatever the equiv is on a v6

Ok mate ill give that ago tomorrow cheers does anyone know what the equlivent is to the n80 valve